Windows 10: Deleting or Disabling Apps on Moto E5 Play Android Phone Windows 10

Discus and support Deleting or Disabling Apps on Moto E5 Play Android Phone Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I only use my phone for simple things, like short phone calls or taking a photo. I have no interest in having the information or photos on my phone to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bigfoot, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Bigfoot Win User

Deleting or Disabling Apps on Moto E5 Play Android Phone Windows 10

I only use my phone for simple things, like short phone calls or taking a photo. I have no interest in having the information or photos on my phone to go anywhere else unless I email something myself or post a photo myself on a forum.

The phone I have now is my first smartphone, and I noticed that apps are being added without my knowledge all the time, there are more apps than were initially installed on the phone. I've only installed 3 apps myself, one to track walking mileage and two radio apps for local stations.

I don't know what some of these apps are for, but I'd like to uninstall or disable ones I'm not comfortable with or that may be using battery power.

I have tried to Force Stop Native Drop Box Agent, but it doesn't seem to have taken effect, I can't disable it either.

There's a new one that is CQA Test, don't know what that's for, but it's another I'd like to uninstall or disable.

There are numerous ones like Google Korean Input, Pinyin, Zhuyin, etc. that I'm starting to disable.....but I'd like to just get these off the phone completely so they take up no room or data.

Another I'm not sure of and would like to remove is Drive.

I don't think I have any use for these and don't want them on my phone. My husband's phone is the same way, I bought them both at the same time.

Any advice on removing these....any reason someone like me needs to keep them? I like my privacy and don't want my calls or photos going to any remote location.

Thanks for opinions on this.

:)

Bigfoot, Nov 11, 2019
  2. t_ski Win User

$.10 android apps

Not sure if anyone's seen this yet, but they have $.10 (yes, 10 cents) android apps on the Android Market to celebrate 10 BILLION downloads. So far I've picked up Tetris, Need for Speed Shift, SoundHound amd ADWLauncher EX. There were several other games that were listed, including ones too good for my phone *Frown Deleting or Disabling Apps on Moto E5 Play Android Phone Windows 10 :(

t_ski, Nov 11, 2019
  3. Bigfoot Win User
    Transferring photo from Moto E5 Play phone to computer question

I just bought my first smartphone, a Moto E5 Play and am just trying to learn about how to use it. I have watched some videos from Consumer Cellular, but I can't find any instructions on how to transfer a photo from my phone to my home computer. I've only done that with a camera, and have always just inserted the SD card.

Can the USB cable that comes with the phone for charging be used to connect the phone to my computer?

Does the camera have to be on the photo gallery page before doing the transfer?

Will my Windows 10 home computer recognize the phone, or is there something I need to do beforehand?

Thanks for any guidance, I don't know very much about computers or smartphones.

Bigfoot, Nov 11, 2019
  4. Deleting or Disabling Apps on Moto E5 Play Android Phone Windows 10

Pick Apps from Android Phone to Notify in Your Phone app in Windows 10  

How to Pick Apps from Android Phone to Notify in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC

Starting with Windows 10 build 18885 on April 26, 2019, Microsoft added a new preview feature to the Your Phone app in Windows 10 to see your Android phone's notifications on your PC.

Stop reaching for your phone to check your notifications. Boost your focus and productivity by seeing your phones notifications on your PC. You are in control and manage which apps you want to receive notifications from. Dismiss a notification on one device and it goes away on the other.

See also: Your Phone app help | Microsoft Support

With this, you can:
    • See incoming phone notifications in real-time
    • View all of your phone notifications in one place
    • Customize which notifications you want to receive
    • Clear notifications individually or all at once
    Notifications Requirements
    1. Android devices version 7.0 and greater with at least 1GB of RAM.
    2. Windows 10 PC running Windows builds 1803 (RS4) or newer.
    3. Not supported on devices that have Notification Access disabled by work or other policy.
    Known issues
    1. Some notifications may not appear automatically. Please press refresh to see an updated list of notifications.
    2. Notification responses are not supported.
    To get notifications from your Android phone in the link your Android phone to your Windows 10 PC.

Phone screen for Insiders with the May 2019 update or newer. If Phone screen is set up, your notifications will open in Phone screen allowing you to interact with your keyboard and mouse. If Phone screen is not supported or set up, clicking on notifications will take you to your notifications feed instead.

When you turn on display notifications in the Your Phone app from your Android phone, you can turn on or off getting notifications for app from your Android Phone in the Your Phone app. This allows you to pick which apps notify you.

This tutorial will show you how to pick which apps you get notifications from your Android phone in the Your Phone app for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Notifications from Android phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC

Deleting or Disabling Apps on Moto E5 Play Android Phone Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open the Your Phone app.

2. Click/tap on the Settings (gear) icon. (see screenshot below)

3. Under Notifications, click/tap on the Pick which apps notify you link to expand it open.

4. Turn on or off the listed apps for what you want to get notifications from your Android phone in the Your Phone app.

5. You can now close the Your Phone app if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Deleting or Disabling Apps on Moto E5 Play Android Phone Windows 10

1. Deleting or Disabling Apps on Moto E5 Play Android Phone Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Deleting Disabling Apps

2. Setting App not opening on moto g7 play from phone link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting App not opening on moto g7 play from phone link: So I was Adding My Phone on Phone link Until it got to showing notifications On The Computer When I pressed Open Settings On Phone link It Did not Even if it was Unlocked, Does anyone know how to fix this???...
  3. Setting App not opening on moto g7 play from phone link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting App not opening on moto g7 play from phone link: So I was Adding My Phone on Phone link Until it got to showing notifications On The Computer When I pressed Open Settings On Phone link It Did not Even Unlocked Does anyone know how to fix this???...
  4. Phone app to Android issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone app to Android issues: My computer is hardwired to home network and Samsung S20 Ultra is on wifi.. Strong signal for both but always issue with the phone app synching with the phone.. I have all the updates... unsure what the issue is... pretty frustrating though...Newer Dell Windows 11 laptop....
  5. Unable to Pair Moto Phone with Windows PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Pair Moto Phone with Windows PC: My Moto g Pure sees my pc but doesn't pair with it.I see 'Pairing...' but nothing happens for a long time.I had no issues pairing the phone with my tablet.I plug the phone in to the USB and all it does is charge. No prompt to access the phone from the pc... nothing.Is there a...
  6. Unable to Pair Moto Phone with Windows PC

Unable to Pair Moto Phone with Windows PC: My Moto g Pure sees my pc but doesn't pair with it.I see 'Pairing...' but nothing happens for a long time.I had no issues pairing the phone with my tablet.I plug the phone in to the USB and all it does is charge. No prompt to access the phone from the pc... nothing.Is there a...
  7. Phone Companion app for Win 10 and Android phone

Phone Companion app for Win 10 and Android phone: When I first installed both Your Phone Companion on my Android and Your Phone on my Win 10 laptop, the app worked fine and I could send and retrieve messages from my phone. Now, nothing works. I keep getting instructions to "Fix now" in Shared Experiences. Then, when I...
  8. Good By Windows Phone - Hello Moto

in Windows 10 Support
    Good By Windows Phone - Hello Moto: My Lumina Icon went swimming with the fishes. It was a good ride except for lack of updates for the past 3 years. My Asurion insurance with Verizon sent me a replacement overnight with an $89 co-pay. Hello Moto. I now have a Moto Z3 64Gb with Android 8.1. I got it...
  9. phone set up moto

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    phone set up moto: baught a phone from yard sale don't have the google set up account how do I use the phone when new service has been place on phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-set-up-moto/3fdc8dfa-57c1-4a8e-a72b-1d214fffedec
  10. Transferring photo from Moto E5 Play phone to computer question

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring photo from Moto E5 Play phone to computer question: I just bought my first smartphone, a Moto E5 Play and am just trying to learn about how to use it. I have watched some videos from Consumer Cellular, but I can't find any instructions on how to transfer a photo from my phone to my home computer. I've only done that with a...