Windows 10: Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Messages

Discus and support Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Messages in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Messages How to Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notification Banners in Windows 10 for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by &Brandon, Jul 5, 2018.

1. &Brandon Win User

Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Messages

How to: Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Messages

How to Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notification Banners in Windows 10 for Android Phone Messages

After you send text messages from your Android phone on your PC.

You will can only delete messages on your Android phone. The deletions show on the phone and in the Your Phone app on the PC. It's not possible to delete messages directly on the PC.

To minimize network bandwidth and maximize performance, the Your Phone app only shows text messages that you've received or sent within the last 30 days.

The Your Phone app supports messages sent via SMS (Short Message Service). It also supports MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) group messaging, but does not yet support media attachments (such as photos or videos).

The Your Phone app does not support messages sent via RCS (Rich Communication Services). Some mobile operators refer to RCS as "push messages," "chat features," "advanced messaging," or "RCS messages."

If the Your Phone app detects that you're already using Cortana to see text messages on your PC, it'll give you the option to see them in the Your Phone app instead. Open the Your Phone app on your computer to go through the setup process. In Windows 10, the Cortana setting is called Get phone notifications on this PC.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18908, new messaging features below have been added.
    • Send and receive MMS messages – You can now send and receive images and GIFs, including Giphy, right from the Your Phone app.
    • Unread message indicator (badge)
      • Nav pane – A visual indicator on the Messages node, indicating you have unread messages
      • PC Taskbar – A visual indicator on the Your Phone app icon on your PC taskbar, indicating you have unread messages
      • Unread conversations – Visual indicator within threads that have unread messages
    • Contact images – Your Phone app will now sync contact thumbnails for all your contacts that contain profile images, so you can easily identify who you’re messaging with.
      In-line reply – You can quickly reply to text messages from toast notifications without having to open the Your Phone app.
    • Emoji picker – Smileys, people, food, and more. You can easily add emojis to your text messages right from within the app.
    See also: Your Phone app help | Microsoft Support

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off the Your Phone app showing notification banners in Windows 10 for your Android phone messages.

EXAMPLE: Your Phone app notification banner for Android phone messages

Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Messages [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open the Your Phone app.

2. Click/tap on the Settings (gear) icon. (see screenshot below)

3. Under Messages, turn on (default) or off Show notification banners for what you want.

4. You can now close the Your Phone app if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

&Brandon, Jul 5, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Sorry, that turning off Network Notifications should be there, unless your vendor disabled the advance features.

Should be like this:
    Android - Turn off network notification

Android will automatically display a notification when an open Wi-Fi network is available.
    To turn off this feature:
    • Go to Settings > WiFi.
    • Tap on the Menu key > Advanced.
    • Uncheck "Network notifications"

What make and model is the phone; and, who is the carrier.

95Viper, Oct 27, 2019
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

refer to OP...carrier im not sure, its not my phone...i had the phone when i posted the OP, now i do not. sorry.i tried to add what i could.

jboydgolfer, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Messages

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    New Your Phone Companion app 3.5.5 version for Android - July 17

Source: Your Phone Companion - Apps on Google Play

See also: Your Phone app can now receive and manage notifications in Windows 10

Tip

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    New Your Phone Companion app 3.5.8 version for Android - August 8

Source: Your Phone Companion - Apps on Google Play

See also: Your Phone app can now receive and manage notifications in Windows 10

Tip

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Messages

1. Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Messages - Similar Threads - Turn Off Phone

2. Your phone app Windows - turn off calls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your phone app Windows - turn off calls: Hello,I'm not sure how this feature got turned on in the Your phone app, but I can't seem to turn it off. I have turned off "Allow this app to make and manage calls", but that has had no effect.Many thanks,Tim...
  3. Your phone app Windows - turn off calls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your phone app Windows - turn off calls: Hello,I'm not sure how this feature got turned on in the Your phone app, but I can't seem to turn it off. I have turned off "Allow this app to make and manage calls", but that has had no effect.Many thanks,Tim...
  4. No text message notifications in Your Phone app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No text message notifications in Your Phone app: I set up the Your Phone app with my Galaxy S9 and it mostly works, I can see photos, make calls, I've enabled notification access in the phone's permission settings, and I can send and receive texts and system-related notifications. The battery optimization exception setting...
  5. Turn On or Off Badge on Your Phone app Taskbar Icon for New Messages

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Badge on Your Phone app Taskbar Icon for New Messages: How to: Turn On or Off Badge on Your Phone app Taskbar Icon for New Messages Turn On or Off Badge on Your Phone app Taskbar Icon for New Messages from Android Phone in Windows 10 After you send text messages from your Android phone on your PC. You will can only...
  6. Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Notifications

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Notifications: How to: Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Notifications How to Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notification Banners in Windows 10 for Android Phone Notifications Starting with Windows 10 build 18885 on April 26, 2019, Microsoft added a new preview...
  7. Turn On or Off Android Notifications in Your Phone app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Android Notifications in Your Phone app on Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Android Notifications in Your Phone app on Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Notifications from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC Starting with Windows 10 build 18885 on April 26, 2019, Microsoft added a new preview feature to...
  8. Turn On or Off Timeline in Microsoft Launcher app on Android Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Timeline in Microsoft Launcher app on Android Phone: How to: Turn On or Off Timeline in Microsoft Launcher app on Android Phone How to Turn On or Off Timeline in Microsoft Launcher app on Android Phone Since April 2018, youve had pick up what you were doing even if it was on your iOS or Android device on your Windows 10...
  9. View Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10: How to: View Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 How to View and Reply to Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC After you send text messages from your Android phone on your PC. Your Phone is an app that runs...
  10. Turn Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10: How to: Turn Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC After you send text messages from your Android phone on your PC. You will can only delete messages on...