Windows 10: Turn On or Off Sync over mobile data with PC from Your Phone app

Discus and support Turn On or Off Sync over mobile data with PC from Your Phone app in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Sync over mobile data with PC from Your Phone app How to Turn On or Off Sync over mobile data with Windows 10 PC from Your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Turn On or Off Sync over mobile data with PC from Your Phone app

How to: Turn On or Off Sync over mobile data with PC from Your Phone app

How to Turn On or Off Sync over mobile data with Windows 10 PC from Your Phone Companion app on Android phone

You can connect your phone and computer to get texts, photos, and more on your PC. Link the Your Phone app on your PC with Your Phone Companion to get started.

With Your Phone Companion, you can easily sync your Android phone to your Windows 10 PC for instant access to everything you love on your phone, right on your PC. Text messages can be found with ease, and you can finally stop emailing yourself photos.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18908, you can now sync your photos, messages, and notifications over mobile data without having to connect your Android phone to the Wi-Fi network.
    • Enable “Sync over mobile data” under the Your Phone Companion app settings
    • When enabled, you should see the ‘Connected to your PC’ toast on your phone

Turn On or Off Sync over mobile data with PC from Your Phone app [​IMG]

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off sync over mobile data in the Your Phone Companion app on your Android phone with the Your Phone app on your Windows 10 PC.

Here's How:

1. If you haven't already, you will need to link your Android phone to your Windows 10 PC.

2. Open the Your Phone Companion app on your Android phone.

3. Click/tap on the Settings (gear) icon in the Your Phone Companion app. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on the Sync over mobile data setting. (see screenshot below)

5. Turn on or off (default) Sync over mobile data for what you want. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 24, 2018
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Hands on with 'Phone Companion' app, hub to syncing with Windows 10

Read more: Hands on with Microsofts Phone Companion app, your hub to syncing with Windows 10

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. xinlifoss Win User

Device Encryption - Turn On or Off for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

thanks for the tip. yes, the phone did ask if I wanted to set a pin. I tried my tests with the pin set and without a pin set. no difference.

it took a while, but I finally got this new update installed.

alas, same pathology:
    • with a local Device Encryption toggled On, no dialog, no change in Storage status
    • with an activesync policy from Google Sync (Google for Work), the Requires Encryption policy is ignored by the device, so the toggle remains Off, yet the device seems to be reporting back to the server that encryption is activated because the data is syncing with the servers
    • with a native Office Enterprise that has a Requires Encryption policy, the settings toggle is moved to On and greyed out so the user cannot disable, the data is syncing immediately, yet the Storage settings do not indicate that the device is encrypted.

last thing. with windows 8.1r2, the Office Enterprise did seem to set the encryption correctly.

still puzzled.

xinlifoss, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Winuser Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    Your Phone app now syncing notifications from Phone to Windows 10 PC Insider

UPDATE 4/26: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18885 (20H1) - April 26

#WindowsInsiders using the #YourPhone app, we got even more for you! We have just begin a staged roll-out of syncing notifications from your phone to PC!

Yes! Dismiss on your PC and it will be dismissed on your phone and viceversa.

Tip

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Sync over mobile data with PC from Your Phone app - Similar Threads - Turn Off Sync

2. Can't Sync Phone Link Over Mobile Data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Sync Phone Link Over Mobile Data: Hi, I'm having trouble using the auto hotspot feature for Windows Insider Phone Link with my S20FE and Thinkpad X1 Yoga G4. I am not able to sync over mobile data, despite the sync over mobile data feature enabled on my phone. Can anyone point me in the right direction?Link...
  3. Can't Sync Phone Link Over Mobile Data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Sync Phone Link Over Mobile Data: Hi, I'm having trouble using the auto hotspot feature for Windows Insider Phone Link with my S20FE and Thinkpad X1 Yoga G4. I am not able to sync over mobile data, despite the sync over mobile data feature enabled on my phone. Can anyone point me in the right direction?Link...
  4. Your phone app - stop syncing photos over mobile data

Your phone app - stop syncing photos over mobile data: I would like to continue to receive mobile notifications on my laptop but stop syncing the photos from gallery when on mobile data. Is there a way to do this? I could not find one....
  5. YOUR PHONE APP NOT SYNCING

YOUR PHONE APP NOT SYNCING: I am not able to connect with the your phone app on my PC even if I am on safe network ad have same account running..I have been waiting for hours [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-app-not-syncing/44ae1af7-d63a-4c50-8657-06bb9cd1d96f
  6. Connect PC to phone mobile data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect PC to phone mobile data: Hello Currently, I do not have set up modem for internet connection for my PC. Tho, I really need connection on PC ASAP! I have my mobile data, but i also have Wi-Fi. (Im waiting for my router to be moved and for wires to be cut through and lead to my pc) How can i set it so...
  7. Connect PC to phone mobile data

in Windows 10 Support
    Connect PC to phone mobile data: Hello Currently, I do not have set up modem for internet connection for my PC. Tho, I really need connection on PC ASAP! I have my mobile data, but i also have Wi-Fi. (Im waiting for my router to be moved and for wires to be cut through and lead to my pc) How can i set it so...
  8. Make Your Phone app Sync over mobile data in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Make Your Phone app Sync over mobile data in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The user needs to have the Your Phone app installed on the computer and the Your Phone Companion app on Android device or iOS device to sync data between Windows 10 PC and the smartphone. However, until now, it was [...] This post Make Your Phone app Sync...
  9. Your Phone app now syncing notifications from Phone to Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 News
    Your Phone app now syncing notifications from Phone to Windows 10 PC: #WindowsInsiders using the #YourPhone app, we got even more for you! We have just begin a staged roll-out of syncing notifications from your phone to PC! Tweet — Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter[/quote] Yes! Dismiss on your PC and it will be dismissed on your phone...
  10. Turn On or Off Show Photos from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show Photos from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Show Photos from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Photos from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC After you see photos[/b] from your Android phone. Your Phone is an app that runs on your PC. It is...