Windows 10: Enable or Disable User Files Backup in Windows Backup in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable User Files Backup in Windows Backup in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable User Files Backup in Windows Backup in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable User Files Backup in Windows Backup in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable User Files Backup in Windows Backup in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable User Files Backup in Windows Backup in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable User Files Backup in Windows Backup in Windows 10

Enable or Disable User Files Backup in Windows Backup in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The Backup and Restore (Windows 7) feature (aka: Windows Backup) was originally included in Windows 7. It was deprecated in Windows 8 and removed in in Windows 8.1, but has been included in Windows 10.

While you can use Backup and Restore (Windows 7) to restore any Windows 7 backups on your Windows 10 PC, you can also use it to back up and restore files on your Windows 10 PC.

Windows Backup will backup all files in the libraries, folders, and drives you choose or let Windows choose. You will have a choice to include a system image in the backup. You can also choose to have these items be backed up on a regular schedule.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the ability to backup user files in Windows Backup for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable user files backup in Windows Backup.

Note This will not affect the ability to create a system image in Windows Backup.

EXAMPLE: User files backup disabled in Windows Backup

Here's How:

Note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Backup\Client

DisableBackupUI DWORD

(delete) = Enable
    1 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable User Files Backup in Windows Backup
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_user_files_backup_in_Windows_Backup.reg

Download

3. To Disable User Files Backup in Windows Backup
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_user_files_backup_in_Windows_Backup.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 3, 2016

2. Trouble with Windows Backup.

i cleaned (i.e selected) everything, I suspect it was my post SP1 installation auto-backup files causing the problem, cleaned over 1Gb of system files and then windows backup worked without a problem.

2DividedbyZero, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Reliable backup software for Windows 7?

Thanks. Do you know if Easus ToDo Backup Free offers an option to just preserve the full Windows folder structure, without using some disc image format?

I mean, what happens if Easus ToDo Backup is not upgraded for, say, Windows 11 and I need to access the files in a disc image that I had made on Windows 10?

classic35mm, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Enable or Disable User Files Backup in Windows Backup in Windows 10

Windows 7 backup

Haven't used it but sounds like it based on Backup and Restore Center info found here. Says you can choose what files and folders if you want and also mentions a system image. Quicken has it's own backup option under one of the menus, use that too. I have for my mom and it's a breeze. Just reinstall app and use Restore in Quicken.

Wrigleyvillain, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Reliable backup software for Windows 7?

I am looking for a good backup program for Windows 7 Pro (64 bit). I recently upgraded from Windows XP Pro SP3. On that OS, I used HP SimpleSave software for my backups. HP SimpleSave did one full backup the first time I installed it, and after that, it would backup changed files every time my computer was idle for 5 minutes. And as this article notes, "The backup is simply the duplicate of the original files, making restoring very fast and easy." I liked HP SimpleSave's simplicity.

I doubt that HP SimpleSave is natively compatible with Windows 7 -- and even if it is, I'm not even sure where to get it (except from the original external hard drive).

Do you know of good, reliable backup software for Windows 7? I'm particularly looking for software that will backup modified files every time my computer is idle for a certain length of time. Sort of a pseudo-continuous incremental backup or a pseudo-continuous file synchronization, I guess.

I'm looking to backup my personal data files, not the Windows installation. I'd like to be able to specify the particular drives/partitions/directories where those personal data files reside.

Thanks so much for your time.

classic35mm, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Guitar Win User
    Windows Backup Problems

Having a problem backing up Windows 7, need help. Basically, I am having the problem in which the backup will not create at all and fails at the shadow copy. This happens in Windows Backup using both the disk image backup and the personal file backup. It goes to maybe 5%-8% of Shadow Copy depending on the backup type and fails. The error that comes in event viewer is 0x81000019. Yes the disk is brand new and double the size of C:.

I tried the fix of making a new 490mb system reserve partition and that did not help (http://social.technet.microsoft.com...l/thread/fce6950d-c06d-4dd0-a850-67022db4fe04) I formatted the disk several times and that didn't help. I tried a third party program, Comodo backup, and that too failed to operate I would say based on the shadow copy service. I tried this fix as well (http://social.technet.microsoft.com...aac-a0af-4740-a331-2b14d604a846?prof=required) and I failed at the regsvr32 es.dll, regsvr32 msxml3.dll, regsvr32 msxml4.dll commands, and WMI Writer when using the vssadmin list writers command was not responding. I've also tried stopping and restarting the service.

Besides doing a manual backup using Acronis, which is not preferred at this point, I don't know how to fix this.

Guitar, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable User Files Backup in Windows Backup in Windows 10

1. Enable or Disable User Files Backup in Windows Backup in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable User

2. Windows Backup Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Backup Files: Can i delete WBengine etl file from windows log? Its windows backup file. Is something happen after i delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-backup-files/61284926-7512-4cbe-b596-59c4b3a1ca47
  3. Windows Backup Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Backup Files: Can i delete WBengine etl file from windows log? Its windows backup file. Is something happen after i delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-backup-files/61284926-7512-4cbe-b596-59c4b3a1ca47
  4. Windows Backup Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't get Windows 10 to backup my files; "Backup is disabled"; "Volume not recognized"

Can't get Windows 10 to backup my files; "Backup is disabled"; "Volume not recognized": Windows 10 Backup is acting weird, so weird I can't tell if it is backing up or not. I want it to regularly weekly? backup an image of my C: SSD to an external hard drive. The external hard drive has plenty of space. The problem is that sometimes Windows Backup will...
  6. Windows Backup keeps trying to backup a deleted user

Windows Backup keeps trying to backup a deleted user: WIN 10 1909. I am using the Backup and Restore Windows 7 and whenever I do a Windows backup I get "Skipped Files" which are all subfolders of a user "Spare Admin" which I deleted. Why is that so? e\Even in DOS command prompt that user is not listed there. Where is Windows...
  7. Backup files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup files in Windows 10: Why do I get a daily message to backup my files in Windows 10 when it is set for automatic backup and it shows my last backup as having been completed? * Moved from Insider...
  8. backup disabled

backup disabled: I have set up a backup to backup from my D drive which is my data drive to an external drive (not easy as it is so complicated) and on the screen for backup it now says Backup disabled. What the hell is going on? This is Windows 10....
  9. backup disabled

backup disabled: I have set up a backup to backup from my D drive which is my data drive to an external drive (not easy as it is so complicated) and on the screen for backup it now says Backup disabled. What the hell is going on? This is Windows 10....
  10. Viewing backup files after windows 10 backup

Viewing backup files after windows 10 backup: Windows 10 backup facility seems to backup to my external hard drive but I can see the files after backup has finished. I have chosen not to hide any files but they still not there...