Windows 10: password out of sync

Discus and support password out of sync in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I kept getting a Microsoft message that my password was out of sync and to update my password. I updated it but IT WAS MY GOOGLE PASSWORD THAT WAS... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BruceTyler2, Oct 29, 2019.

1. password out of sync

I kept getting a Microsoft message that my password was out of sync and to update my password. I updated it but IT WAS MY GOOGLE PASSWORD THAT WAS CHANGED! WTH!

WHY does a Microsoft message change my Google password! Now I have a google password I DONT WANT, AND I CANT CHANGE IT BACK!
    IM NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

BruceTyler2, Oct 29, 2019

2. Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Local Group Policy Editor

How to Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Sync Your Settings on a Windows 10 PC

When Microsoft account.

Notes
    • Sync settings also works if you sign in with a work or school account linked to your Microsoft account.
    • If Sync settings isn't available on your device, your organization might not allow it.
    The settings you choose to sync are also saved in OneDrive (cloud).

You can choose to sync your theme, passwords, language preferences, Ease of Access, and Other Windows settings settings. If you turn on Other Windows settings, Windows syncs some device settings (for things like printers and mouse options), File Explorer settings, and notification preferences. For a complete list of settings that Windows can sync, see Windows 10 roaming settings reference.
    • Theme - desktop background, user tile, taskbar position, etc.
    • Passwords - Windows credential manager, including Wi-Fi profiles
    • Language Preferences - spelling dictionary, system language settings
    • Ease of Access - Narrator, On-screen keyboard, Magnifier
    • Other Windows Settings - see Windows Settings details
    This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable syncing passwords on the Sync your settings page in Settings for all users in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Passwords disabled in "Sync your settings"

password out of sync [​IMG]

OPTION ONE
    Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option TWO below.
    1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Sync your settings

3. In the right pane of Sync your settings in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Do not sync passwords policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Syncing Passwords
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Syncing Passwords
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO
    Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD values in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync

DisableCredentialsSettingSync DWORD

2 = disable
    delete = enable

DisableCredentialsSettingSyncUserOverride DWORD

1 = disable
    delete = enable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Syncing Passwords
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_sync_passwords.reg

3. To Disable Syncing Passwords
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_sync_passwords.reg

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Sync Password on Lumia Device

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me assist you.

I suggest you to log-in to the system using the same Microsoft account and try the below steps.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Sync your settings on the left pane, turn on all the sync option and verify your account.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

password out of sync

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

password out of sync

1. password out of sync - Similar Threads - password sync

2. Onedrive taskbar sync fails due to password change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive taskbar sync fails due to password change: I cannot change password of Onedrive on taskbar because when clicked to sign in, it produces an error script and cannot see the credential screen to sig in with new ones,...
  3. Onedrive taskbar sync fails due to password change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive taskbar sync fails due to password change: I cannot change password of Onedrive on taskbar because when clicked to sign in, it produces an error script and cannot see the credential screen to sig in with new ones,...
  4. Onedrive taskbar sync fails due to password change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 10/11 PC not syncing new MS Account password after changing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 PC not syncing new MS Account password after changing.: Not a question, but a new possible cause/solution discovered. Most other threads on this were locked now, so starting this one in case it helps someone else.So, I spent the better part of a day working on this issue and Googled the HECK out of this and always found the same...
  6. Windows 10/11 PC not syncing new MS Account password after changing.

Windows 10/11 PC not syncing new MS Account password after changing.: Not a question, but a new possible cause/solution discovered. Most other threads on this were locked now, so starting this one in case it helps someone else.So, I spent the better part of a day working on this issue and Googled the HECK out of this and always found the same...
  7. Windows 10/11 PC not syncing new MS Account password after changing.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Unable to verify account to sync passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to verify account to sync passwords: When I am in setting under Account Settings, there is a prompt to verify my identity to sync my passwords across devices. However, after logging into my Microsoft account in the window that it opens, the window immediately closes and the verification prompt is still there. I...
  9. Unable to verify account to sync passwords

Unable to verify account to sync passwords: When I am in setting under Account Settings, there is a prompt to verify my identity to sync my passwords across devices. However, after logging into my Microsoft account in the window that it opens, the window immediately closes and the verification prompt is still there. I...
  10. My password isnt syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My password isnt syncing: Hey,So when I tried to reset my windows user password, it didnt work since I always used the pin for it, so I tried to use the microsoft account password... that didnt work even though I had reset it and my account is tied to my windows account.. any reason why?My windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft account out of sync

2. microsoft passwords out of sync

3. a linked network password sasya needs a password to sync

4. surface password otu of sync with network password,
  5. windows mewsage passwords are out of sync