Windows 10: TextConverter is a batch document editing tool that has a lot of advanced options

Discus and support TextConverter is a batch document editing tool that has a lot of advanced options in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; TextConverter is a free application for Microsoft Windows devices that can be used to edit multiple documents simultaneously. You can also use it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 19, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

TextConverter is a batch document editing tool that has a lot of advanced options

TextConverter is a free application for Microsoft Windows devices that can be used to edit multiple documents simultaneously. You can also use it to save them text files in different formats and perform some advanced editing operations.

Tip: ever wanted to edit multiple positions of a single document? Multiple Views Text Editor may be useful for that.

TextConverter is a batch document editing tool that has a lot of advanced options TextConverter-is-a-batch-document-editing-tool-that-has-a-lot-of-advanced-options.jpg

The program interface may look intimidating at first as it features multiple panes. The open folder button at the top is used to select a directory but you may also drag & drop files into the interface. The folder option works well if you need to process a directory of text files. Note that the free version is limited to ten files at a time though.

Text Converter scans the folder for supported files and adds these to the interface.

There are 7 columns in the Files pane which display the name, format, type, coding, size, status and the file path of each document. The Preview section on the bottom left of the interface has two panes. The Old File section displays the contents of the document, while the New File pane shows you a preview of the document that you have edited using TextConverter. The file size of both documents is displayed below the panes.

TextConverter supports TXT, HTML, PHP and LOG file formats. When you try opening an Office document format such as DocX, the program warns you that it doesn't support it yet and that the resultant document could be corrupted. You can still use it to preview the original Office document.

Tip: Click on the "Old File" or "New File" button to view the selected pane and hide the other. You can disable the preview by using the Show file/preview options. To entirely disable the preview, use the View menu.

TextConverter is a batch document editing tool that has a lot of advanced options TextConverter-advanced-options.jpg

You can edit the document in either pane (Old File or New File), and a save button will appear that you can use to preserve the changes. I recommend editing the new file and retain the original file.

Actions

TextConverter supports a number of actions that you may run on all documents. To use one of the functions, enable the checkbox next to an action and click on options to define the operation.

Here's what the various actions do:

• Replace Text - You can use it for searching for text in the selected document and replace it with whatever you want to. This option has a case-sensitive toggle. You can use regular expressions (RegEx) for advanced replacement jobs.
    • Replace Lines - This is kind of similar to replace text, but replaces the content of a line in a specific line number, lines containing the selected text or the defined RegEX.
    • Insert - Can be used to add text to the start or end of a document. It can also be used to add text at the start/end or selected character position of every line, or a specific line.
    • Delete Text and Delete Lines - These are used for deleting text from the selected file. It's quite easy to use and works on a as-you-type basis.
    • HTML Actions - You can use these to remove HTML tags, convert HTML to text, create links for web pages, email addresses, delete unwanted characters, replace HTML characters and more.
    • Line Actions - The Sorting option can be useful if you want to sort the text in a selected documents in ascending or descending order. It also has an add line number setting, and can be used for wrapping text or removing whitespace.
    • Upper and Lower Case - This is pretty straight forward and can be used to shift the case of the document from upper case to lower case or vice-versa. Additionally, it lets you set the first character to Upper Case.
    • Join Files - Add a bunch of documents in the files pane and enable the Join Files option to create one large document which contains the text from all the selected files.

TextConverter is a batch document editing tool that has a lot of advanced options TextConverter-advanced-options-2.jpg

• Split Files - Want to split one document into many? That's what this option does; has a few rules on how to split the text.
    • Constants - Has a list of constants like %pathfile%, %extension%, which, when used in the document, will be replaced by their corresponding value. For e.g., %pathfile% will be replaced by the full name and path of the file like C:\Users\Ashwin\Documents\Newdocument.TXT.
    • Transcription and Transliteration - Rewrites or converts the selected text into a different language. (Not available in the free version).
    • Line Breaks - Detects the type of line break used in the text and allows you to change the type to a different new line character. (Not available in the free version).
    • Encoding - Can be used to preserve the original encoding or change it to ANSI or one of the Unicode options.
    • CSV Editing - Useful if you want to add separators or set the end of line and field delimiters.
    Saving

You can set the saving method in the pane in the bottom right corner. It lets you choose whether to overwrite the file. For new files, you can set the naming style, folder, and the format.

File Renamer

There is a built-in renamer tool that you can access from TextConverter's Tools menu.

Closing words

TextConverter is a portable application. The application is available as a free and premium version but the free Basic version is only missing one or two features when compared to the premium version. The main limitations are that editing is limited to up to 10 documents at a time, three text replacement/insertion/deletion operations, and that text searching in files is not supported. You can check out the feature comparison table on the developer website for detailed information.

Though it is termed as a converter tool, I think its strength lies in its quick editing options. It can be a handy a post-writing tool when you're working with a lot of documents.

The program is very powerful and while the free version is limited, may be useful in lots of operations such as removing HTML characters from documents, replacing text in multiple documents, or editing several documents quickly by hand.

TextConverter is a batch document editing tool that has a lot of advanced options textconverter-TextConverter-icon.jpg

Text Converter

For Windows

Download Now

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post TextConverter is a batch document editing tool that has a lot of advanced options appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 19, 2019
  2. Nath Bea Win User

Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Edit the Steps recorder document

How can I edit the Steps recorded by the Steps recorder application? Once I finish recording the necessary steps, there are few steps I'd like to delete and few comments that I'd like to edit.

So if I open the saved file in word document and edit it there I need it to,

• automatically update the number of the proceeding steps when I delete one in between.
    • Retain the size of the images and overall page size in the MHTML document. (I've noticed that if I make a single change, the size of image increase more than the screen size and the MHTML document isn't responsive.)

Anwesh Gangula, Nov 19, 2019
  4. TextConverter is a batch document editing tool that has a lot of advanced options

Enable or Disable Document Review for Speech Recognition in Advanced Speech Options

How to Enable or Disable Document Review for Speech Recognition in Windows 10

When you set up Speech Recognition in Windows 10, it lets you control your PC with your voice alone, without needing a keyboard or mouse.

Using only your voice, you can open menus, click buttons and other objects on the screen, dictate text into documents, and write and send emails. Just about anything you do with your keyboard and mouse can be done with only your voice.

Speech Recognition is only available for the following languages: English (United States, United Kingdom, Canada, India, and Australia), French, German, Japanese, Mandarin (Chinese Simplified and Chinese Traditional), and Spanish.

You can improve the computer's ability to recognize spoken words by allowing Speech Recognition to review documents and email in your search index. Speech Recognition will learn words and phrases to better understand you when you speak.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable Speech Recognition to review documents and email to improve accuracy for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Document Review for Speech Recognition in Advanced Speech Options
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Document Review for Speech Recognition using a REG file

TextConverter is a batch document editing tool that has a lot of advanced options [​IMG]
    OPTION ONE
    TextConverter is a batch document editing tool that has a lot of advanced options [​IMG]
    Enable or Disable Document Review for Speech Recognition in Advanced Speech Options
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Speech Recognition icon.

2. Click/tap on the Advanced speech options link on the left side. (see screenshot below)

3. In the Speech Recognition tab, check (enable) or uncheck (disable - default) Review documents and mail to improve accuracy for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

4. You can now close the Speech Recognition control panel if you like.

OPTION TWO
    Enable or Disable Document Review for Speech Recognition using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Speech\Preferences

EnableDocumentHarvesting DWORD

0 = Disable
    1 = Enable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Document Review for Speech Recognition
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_document_review_for_Speech_Recognition_for_current_user.reg

3. To Disable Document Review for Speech Recognition
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_document_review_for_Speech_Recognition_for_current_user.reg

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

TextConverter is a batch document editing tool that has a lot of advanced options

1. TextConverter is a batch document editing tool that has a lot of advanced options - Similar Threads - TextConverter batch document

2. Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced Options: So I went to Advanced Options by pressing restart and pressing and holding shift because I couldn't log in because it says 0x80090016 and I tried all of the methods and It wouldn't work, so I just settled for resetting my PC, but when I tried to reset my PC it just f's it up,...
  3. Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced Options: So I went to Advanced Options by pressing restart and pressing and holding shift because I couldn't log in because it says 0x80090016 and I tried all of the methods and It wouldn't work, so I just settled for resetting my PC, but when I tried to reset my PC it just f's it up,...
  4. Advanced Options

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Batch document name query?

Batch document name query?: Hello I want to write a batch program that creates a custom variable and compares it to all the names of text documents in a given location and if the names and the variable match, it performs one action and if not another. Does anyone have any idea how this might work?...
  6. advanced options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    advanced options: computer stuck in advance options and options are turn of pc and advacned options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advanced-options/0a8f8501-2e71-41bb-9070-103ca9e25b35
  7. Logging in to an Advanced Boot Options Menu Recovery Tool

Logging in to an Advanced Boot Options Menu Recovery Tool: After upgrading my Mother's laptop to Windows 10 Home, I replaced much of her Windows 8 Recovery partition with the "media" files from a WinPE recovery USB boot-drive - which I created after downloading the Windows ADK and PE files:...
  8. Logging in to an Advanced Boot Options Menu Recovery Tool

Logging in to an Advanced Boot Options Menu Recovery Tool: After upgrading my Mother's laptop to Windows 10 Home, I replaced much of her Windows 8 Recovery partition with the "media" files from a WinPE recovery USB boot-drive - which I created after downloading the Windows ADK and PE files:...
  9. photos app batch edit ?

photos app batch edit ?: Is there a way to programmatically or batch edit a project in photos app ? For example , I made a video with photos app and it is just images that last 10 seconds each with different text for each image . Is there an easy way to change the images and text using some...
  10. Batch editing of photo metadata

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Batch editing of photo metadata: I would like to set the Copyright field to my name in all my photos and also some of the other fields under the Details tab of the photos Properties. Doing this one at a atime is very time consuming. Is there a way to change particular fields in a number of selected photos...