Windows 10: Hide or Show Content of Notifications on Lock Screen in Windows 10

Discus and support Hide or Show Content of Notifications on Lock Screen in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Hide or Show Content of Notifications on Lock Screen in Windows 10 Hide or Show Content of Notifications on Lock Screen in Windows 10 The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 4, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hide or Show Content of Notifications on Lock Screen in Windows 10

How to: Hide or Show Content of Notifications on Lock Screen in Windows 10

The lock screen is the screen you see when you lock your PC (or when it locks automatically after you haven't been using it for a while). The lock screen will also show at startup, and when you are signed out and idle for at least one minute.

If you turn on to show notifications on the lock screen, then you can also turn on or off to keep notifications private on the lock screen by only showing what sent it with Private for the details. This can be handy for email notifications from the Mail app.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to keep notifications from specific apps and other senders private on the lock screen for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: "Hide content when notifications are on lock screen" turned on and off

Hide or Show Content of Notifications on Lock Screen in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1 Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2 Click/tap on Notifications & actions on the left side, and click/tap on the app or sender (ex: "Mail") under Get notifications from these senders on the right side. (see screenshot below)

If the listed apps and senders under Get notifications from these senders are grayed out, then you have notifications completely turned off.

You will only see apps and senders listed that you had already gotten notifications from.

3 Turn on or off (default) Hide content when notifications are on lock screen for what you want. (see screenshot below)

If these settings are grayed out, then you have notifications turned off for this app/sender.

4 When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 4, 2016

2. Microsoft News Notifications

Follow these steps to check if it works:

Step 1: Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and “I,” or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result.

Step 2: Click Notifications & Actions in the left-hand menu. This will take you to a screen providing access to all of the settings related to notifications and the Action Center.

Step 3: Click the System icon, then select Notifications and actions from the left-hand menu.

Step 4: Look for the Notifications subheading, where you will see a number of toggles for various types of notifications. The following is a list of the settings you can toggle on this screen:

• Get notifications from apps and other senders
    • Show notifications on the lock screen
    • Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
    • Hide notifications when duplicating my screen
    • Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
    You may just turn them off the notification as you need.

PeterPeng3, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How can I hide the notification icon on my taskbar

Hello,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to hide the notification icon on your taskbar.

• Type Settings on your search bar

• Click on systems

• Select notifications and actions

• Disable all the notifications on the screen
    Hope this information helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10

The tray link, (Option One/Step 2), seems to be depreciated in Build 10130, go to Settings via the other Steps or directly:

Edwin, Oct 26, 2019
  5. No notification on lock screen

Hi Anand,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Try to turn on and off the Show notifications on the lock screen option and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Type quick actions in the search bar and click on Choose your quick actions.
    • Select Lock Screen.
    • Turn on or off the Show notifications on the lock screen option
      and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2: Perform System File Checker (SFC) scan.

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    sfc /scannow

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 3:

I would suggest you to create a new user account and check if it helps.

Refer to the following Microsoft article on Create a user account and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Missed notifications on Lumia 650 lock and start screen

Have you verified that the Glance screen has been set to show Notification Icons?

If you look at "Show content from the lock screen", what apps are listed to show quick status?

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Hide or Show Content of Notifications on Lock Screen in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hide Show Content

2. How to hide Reminders and VoIP Calls Notifications on Lock Screen on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to hide Reminders and VoIP Calls Notifications on Lock Screen on Windows 11/10: [IMG]Although the lock screen shows notifications, you can show or hide reminders and VoIP calls notifications on the lock screen on Windows 11/10 using this tutorial. Whether it is a Calendar reminder or any other VoIP call reminder, you can turn it on or off on the lock...
  3. How to hide Notification Content on Lock Screen on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to hide Notification Content on Lock Screen on Windows 11: [ATTACH]If you do not want to show the entire content of a notification, you can hide it on Windows 11/10. It is possible to turn on or off this setting from the Windows Settings panel on Windows 10/11 computer. After doing this, you will get the app icon, but it won’t...
  4. Show or hide Network icon on Sign-in screen and Lock screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Show or hide Network icon on Sign-in screen and Lock screen in Windows 10: [ATTACH]By default, the Network icon (or Wi-Fi icon) is visible on both the sign-in […] This article Show or hide Network icon on Sign-in screen and Lock screen in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Windows 10 Lock Screen Notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Lock Screen Notifications: I have the Windows 10 Lock Screen Notifications setting disabled but I am still getting notifications on my lock screen. It will even turn on my screen if it is in sleep mode. I don't want any notifications to appear on my lock screen. What am I missing?...
  6. lock screen notifications in windows 10

lock screen notifications in windows 10: I have followed every instruction to turn off the annoying notifications for Edge on the lock screen on my new computer. Nothing works. Every single time I see the lock screen, I get those notifications. At this point, I just want the lock screen gone if I cant get those...
  7. Calendar notifications not showing on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Calendar notifications not showing on lock screen: My computer is a Surface Pro 4 with the latest version of Windows 10, and it is fully updated. I've enabled the "Calendar notifications on lock screen option" in the Personalization settings, and nothing appeared on the lock screen. Even after restarting the computer, nothing...
  8. Lock Screen Content

Lock Screen Content: Hello, I am trying to delete some pictures that my system choose to display at lock screen. Now I want to delete that pictures contained folder but a dialogue appears notifying "Action can't be completed because the file is open in LockScreenContent Server ". How to fix it?...
  9. hide/show Language Bar on Lock Screen

hide/show Language Bar on Lock Screen: A registry key to hide/show Language Bar on Lock Screen as well ? *Smile 100571
  10. Hide or Show Notifications when Duplicating Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Notifications when Duplicating Screen in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Notifications when Duplicating Screen in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Notifications when Duplicating Screen in Windows 10 [img] Information main display of your Windows 10 PC to project on either the PC screen only, duplicate on second display,...