Windows 10: What is this icon?

Discus and support What is this icon? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Greetings, I turned on Mozy's Show backup status icon on files, which caused this icon to appear on documents saved on the desktop: [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shanester, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Shanester Win User

What is this icon?

Greetings,

I turned on Mozy's Show backup status icon on files, which caused this icon to appear on documents saved on the desktop:

What is this icon? [​IMG]

The icon is two users.

I asked this on Microsoft Answers, and was told it means that the file is shared. However, file and printer sharing is turned off (Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change advanced sharing settings > Turn off file and printer sharing). Also, if I right-click > share with > stop sharing, nothing changes.

What does this icon mean?

Thanks,
    Shane.

:)

Shanester, Aug 3, 2017
  2. Cooloma Win User

Atheros Smart Net - what is this and what is it for?

I updated from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro (10 days ago). I found Atheros Smart Net (asav) in my apps list. What is it and who/how or when was it installed? What is it good for? What will be affected if I uninstall it? Did Dell add it to my new
    Inspiron desktop last summer?

Cooloma, Aug 3, 2017
  3. Atheros Smart Net - what is this and what is it for?

Atheros provides Network Adapters for computers,so I think it is something related to the network controller.I would suggest you asking the same with Dell for more information

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 3, 2017
  4. Mystere Win User

What is this icon?

It means it's shared. Even if you have file and printer sharing turned off, it's still shared. For instance other users on your computer (if there are any) can see them.

Mystere, Aug 3, 2017
  5. Shanester Win User
    How do I disable sharing for this particular file? right-click > share with > stop sharing doesn't work.

How do I disable sharing for all files?

Thanks,
    Shane.

Shanester, Aug 3, 2017
  6. Mystere Win User
    Did you try Share with->Specific People and seeing if anyone is listed? And removing them if they are? Sometimes previous instances of Windows can have left-over ACL's.

There's also the possibility the the icon cache is corrupted and it's showing the wrong icon.

Mystere, Aug 3, 2017
  7. Shanester Win User
    No one else is listed. I'm the owner of the file, this computer has only one user, and I'm the Administrator.

If I clear the Show backup status icon on files option in Mozy, the Shared icon disappears.

Is there any risk in rebuilding the icon cache?

Thanks,
    Shane.

Shanester, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

What is this icon?

1. What is this icon? - Similar Threads - icon

2. Windows 10 Volume Icon Not Responding. How I did it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Volume Icon Not Responding. How I did it: Hi, How I "fixed" my Volume Icon in 3 steps. 1. Download and install EarTrumpet from Microsoft Store (free). Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/eartrumpet/9nblggh516xp?SilentAuth=1&wa=wsignin1.0&activetab=pivot:overviewtab 2. Disable the default Volume icon. Here...
  3. my Latitude E5470 fails to start. I see a DELL icon and a rotating circle under it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my Latitude E5470 fails to start. I see a DELL icon and a rotating circle under it: Stop code: UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-latitude-e5470-fails-to-start-i-see-a-dell-icon/e66b7f22-bafd-49e4-9776-6dab263a3e02
  4. my Latitude E5470 fails to start. I see a DELL icon and a rotating circle under it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my Latitude E5470 fails to start. I see a DELL icon and a rotating circle under it: my Latitude E5470 fails to start. I see a DELL icon and a rotating circle under it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-latitude-e5470-fails-to-start-i-see-a-dell-icon/6e759959-8193-420d-ad02-a8edc8145cc0
  5. Windows 10 wifi icon keeps changing to a globe and wont pick up my router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 wifi icon keeps changing to a globe and wont pick up my router: I'm so frigging annoyed. Wifi icon keeps changing to a globe. I restart computer and it comes back but then does not pick up my router name, but we have 2 Abdroid phones connected to the router that is connected. I an also connect if I put my phone oon hotspot, that appears...
  6. Action Center Icon NOT WORKING

Action Center Icon NOT WORKING: Hi, Action center icon doesn't work whether I click on the icon or press Windows key + A. I tried turning the icon off and on form taskbar settings, but nothing happened. Could you please help me to solve this problem? Amr...
  7. The Windows icon is showing white. It no longer opens with a click to display start/shut...

The Windows icon is showing white. It no longer opens with a click to display start/shut...: Is there a way to get the icon back and functioning? I am a novice level computer user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-icon-is-showing-white-it-no-longer/122a8694-5963-4cbd-a328-668a239646d7
  8. selected icon does not show on taskbar

selected icon does not show on taskbar: I followed instructions for making an icon show on the taskbar. The icon is to Safe Eject Devices. But even after a restart, that selected icon does not show on taskbar. Going nuts here.... can anyone help?...
  9. How can I stop taskbar toolbar icons from moving around (adding extra spaces/gaps) when I...

How can I stop taskbar toolbar icons from moving around (adding extra spaces/gaps) when I...: Hello, I have an issue where extra spaces, gaps, etc are being added at the end of the icons in a custom taskbar toolbar. When the taskbar is "unlocked" for customizing, the toolbar icons are correctly placed, but as soon as I lock the taskbar again, they shift over to the...
  10. Taskbar icon flashing

Taskbar icon flashing: When you start a program in Windows, the icon on the taskbar flashes Orange, presumably to alert you that it's open (as though you did not know already that XD). I want it to not do that. It is incredibly distracting, and not very user-friendly trying to work and iTunes or...