Windows 10: windows 10 start up screen blurred

Discus and support windows 10 start up screen blurred in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my hard drive crashed so I re-installed windows 10 upgrade from windows 7 but my start up screen is blurred except for my circle picture in the centre... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LeeCutler, Nov 13, 2019.

1. LeeCutler Win User

windows 10 start up screen blurred

my hard drive crashed so I re-installed windows 10 upgrade from windows 7 but my start up screen is blurred except for my circle picture in the centre how do I get my pics back to normal ( this is not adjustable from setting - personalise desk top it is only the screen on system start up)

:)

LeeCutler, Nov 13, 2019

2. Enable or Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen Background in Local Group Policy Editor

How to Enable or Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen Background in Windows 10

Starting with Windows 10 build 18237, Microsoft added an acrylic blur effect to the sign-in screen background. The translucent texture of this transient surface helps you focus on the sign-in task by moving the actionable controls up in the visual hierarchy while maintaining their accessibility.

Starting with transparency effects that would also turn on or off the acrylic blur effect on their sign-in screen background.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18312, Microsoft added a new group policy setting allowing you (administrator) to enable or disable the acrylic blur effect feature on the sign-in screen background for all users without affecting their transparency effects setting.

If you enable the acrylic blur effect on the sign-in screen background, users will still have to turn on transparency effects for their account to see it.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the acrylic blur effect on the sign-in screen background for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable the acrylic blur effect on the sign-in screen background.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen Background in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen Background using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Acrylic blur effect on the sign-in screen background

windows 10 start up screen blurred [​IMG]

OPTION ONE
    Enable or Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen Background in Local Group Policy Editor
    The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two.

1 Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2 Navigate to the key below in the left pane of the Local Group Policy Editor. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon

3 In the right pane of Logon in the Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Show clear logon background policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4 Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen Background
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

Not Configured is the default setting

6. To Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen Background
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7 Close the Local Group Policy Editor.

OPTION TWO
    Enable or Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen Background using a REG file
    The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry keys below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

DisableAcrylicBackgroundOnLogon DWORD

(delete) = Enable
    1 = Disable

1 Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen Background
    This is the default setting

.A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_acrylic_blur_effect_on_Sign-in_sceen_background.reg

3. To Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen Background
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_acrylic_blur_effect_on_Sign-in_sceen_background.reg

4 Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5 Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6 When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7 You could now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 13, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Nov 13, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Can not access computer. Blurred Sign in screen.

@clemenzina
    How to disable Sign-in screen acrylic (blur) background on Windows 10 May 2019 Update | Windows Central
    - that's what you're referring to, I believe- the background to the login screen, rather than the lock screen- but should not affect the ability to log on.

That said, if tahalodhi16 is having trouble logging on, but not otherwise, it's worth trying what you suggest.
    The article I've quoted also gives the registry details, so that could be done in Safe Mode if it's easy to access that in this situation.

Clarification is needed else we are simply guessing.

dalchina, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 start up screen blurred - Similar Threads - start screen blurred

2. Blurred screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurred screen: My computer was purchased on Dec 21 and sometime appear the photo situation. How can solve this problem?Microsoft.Windows.Kernel.PnP.AggregateClearDevNodeProblem{"ver": "4.0","name": "Microsoft.Windows.Kernel.PnP.AggregateClearDevNodeProblem","time":...
  3. Screen blur

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen blur: Hello Everyone, This is Eswara here . I am Here to report a problem in display and bug in windows 11 . Sometimes some part of my screen is blur if I open or closes a app . And I have attached a screenshot for it .So pls tell me a quick solution for it...
  4. Screen blur

Screen blur: Hello Everyone, This is Eswara here . I am Here to report a problem in display and bug in windows 11 . Sometimes some part of my screen is blur if I open or closes a app . And I have attached a screenshot for it .So pls tell me a quick solution for it...
  5. Screen is Blurring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen is Blurring: Hi,Recently 2 days ago, I have updated my Laptop from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Today, when I was working, there are some blurring appearing on my screen. The blur appears all over the screen, if i move curser across the screen. 1. Clear Screen when curser was idle:2. Blurred...
  6. Screen is Blurring

Screen is Blurring: Hi,Recently 2 days ago, I have updated my Laptop from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Today, when I was working, there are some blurring appearing on my screen. The blur appears all over the screen, if i move curser across the screen. 1. Clear Screen when curser was idle:2. Blurred...
  7. blur-sign-in-screen-windows-10

in Windows 10 Customization
    blur-sign-in-screen-windows-10: i am NOT computer literate---SO please understand that my issue is with the windows 10 virus as seen here https://winaero.com/disable-blur-sign-in-screen-windows-10/ i have spent 100's of dollars to have this virus 'fix'......and it aint fix....because if its not a...
  8. Blur Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blur Screen: Every time I turn on my PC I get turned down with a blue screen asking to restart. I tried safe mode, I tried to startup repair, I even tried to reset my pc without removing its personal files and I couldn’t make it over 50%. And I am now stuck without the ability to get to...
  9. Annoying round blurred orb in centre of start-up screen.

Annoying round blurred orb in centre of start-up screen.: When my computer is booting up, the picture on the start-up screen is lovely & clear but there is also a round circle or orb in the middle of the picture that is totally blurred. The circle orb in the middle I am assuming is my profile picture for my computer and Skype and as...
  10. Blurred screen

Blurred screen: My PC has recently updated August 1st 2019. When 1st powering on the login screen is blurred. Once you have logged in, it appears to be ok, except when you select a function like settings the background is now black, trying to adjust this I found that the start taskbar and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wfix windows 10 blured start up picture

2. fix blured start up photo in windows

3. WINDOWS BOOTINg blurred screen

4. why is startup screen blurry,
  5. blurred screen windows 10 start ,
  6. startup window blurred windows 10,
  7. why is my welcome screen blurred,
  8. startup window blurry,
  9. user screen blurred,
  10. why is my log in page blurred background,
  11. why is start up photo in windows blurred,