Windows 10: Change New Tab Page Settings for Sets in Windows 10

Discus and support Change New Tab Page Settings for Sets in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change New Tab Page Settings for Sets in Windows 10 How to Change New Tab Page Settings for Sets in Windows 10 [img] Warning Sets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change New Tab Page Settings for Sets in Windows 10

How to: Change New Tab Page Settings for Sets in Windows 10

How to Change New Tab Page Settings for Sets in Windows 10

Change New Tab Page Settings for Sets in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10.

Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10

Microsoft had Windows Insiders as a controlled study. The concept behind Sets is to make sure that everything related to your task: relevant webpages, research documents, necessary files and applications, is connected and available to you in one click. Office (starting with Mail & Calendar and OneNote), Windows, and Edge become more integrated to create a seamless experience, so you can get back to whats important and be productive, recapturing that moment, saving time Microsoft believes thats the true value of Sets.

Sets: With all the elements that go into a task, sometimes convincing yourself to get started is the hardest part. Sets help you keep webpages, documents, files, and apps connected, while remaining just one click away. When you close a file that includes a group of tabs, itll help you bring those tabs back to life the next time you open it. Whether its something you pick up later in the day or in a couple weeks, Sets is being designed to help you keep the important things together.

Add tabs to apps: To help fuel Sets, most apps will be able to add app and web tabs. When you select a link in something like an e-mail, itll open in a new tab next to the app you were using. Selecting the plus (+) in an app will take you to a new tab page, which will help you jump to your next location. You might already know where you want to go, or just need a little bit of inspiration. From here, youll be able to search your PC and the internet, access customized feeds, open frequently used websites and apps, and get suggestions based on your recent activity.

Here are a few keyboard shortcuts you can try out:
    • Win+Ctrl+Tab – Switch to the next tab
    • Win+Ctrl+Shift+Tab – Switch to the previous tab
    • Win+Ctrl+1 through 8 – Switch to a specific tab
    • Win+Ctrl+9 – Switch to the last tab
    • Ctrl+Win+T – Open a new tab
    • Ctrl+Win+W – Close the current active tab
    For more details about Sets, see: Introducing Sets - Windows Insider

In Windows, you can change the New Tab page settings below to customize how you want it to look in a Sets window.

Page Components
    You can control the visibility of various components on your New Tab page:
    • Frequent Destinations - Turn On or Off to see your frequently visited sites and apps on the New Tab page.
    • Suggested Content - Turn On or Off to see recommendations on the New Tab page based on your activities.
    • Feeds Position - Select to show On Scroll or Always on the New Tab page.
    Content Preferences
    You can change the Content Locale and Language used to update the preferences for the content that appears on your New Tab page.

If needed, you can reset to default your New Tab Page settings.

This tutorial will show you how to reset or change the New Tab page settings to customize how it looks in a Sets window for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. While you have a Sets window open, click/tap on the plus button or press the Ctrl+Win+T keys to open a new tab. (see screenshot below)

2. Click/tap on the Page Settings (gear) button, and go to step 3 (basic) or step 4 (all) for which New Tab page settings you want to change. (see screenshot below)

3. To Change Basic New Tab Page Settings
    A) Make any changes you want to these settings. Changes will be applied immediately. (see screenshot below)

B) When finished, click/tap anywhere outside of the settings on the New Tab page to close them.

4. To Change All New Tab Page Settings
    A) Click/tap on All Settings. (see screenshot below)

B) Make any changes you want to these settings. Changes will be applied immediately. (see screenshot below)

*note You can click/tap on the Reset to default settings link at the bottom to quickly reset all New Tab page settings back to default.

C) When finished, you can click/tap on the back arrow button to go back to the New Tab page.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Dec 14, 2017
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Novato Win User
    Change Startup Page in Microsoft Edge  

Thank you Brink,

Appreciate your welcome and your prompt response - I have appreciated your advice on this forum in the past, especially with the registry fix for choosing where to save downloaded files from Edge!

I have checked my Edge settings, and they are as follows:
    • Open Microsoft Edge with new tab page
    • Open new tabs with a blank page

So I can't see any reference to MSN here... it even diverts via this URL if you click on a saved favourite site!

Glad of any further advice or suggestions please.

Novato, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10

Read more:
    Read more: Microsoft reportedly shelves Windows 10 'Sets' feature as Edge moves to Chromium | Windows Central

Note To see more details about Sets in Windows 10:

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Edwin Win User
    Set new tab to open a specifc page

I use 'Cent Browser' which allows you to customize the New Tab page:

Edwin, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Callender Win User
    Set new tab to open a specifc page

Well I don't know if it's what you're looking for but Breeze extension works. You'd need to download it and install it in Edge. You would also need to "Enable extension developer features" in about:flags

You can download Breeze here: h**ps://drive.google.com/file/d/1YupLKhTwgGsbQC362mI3643f3og8nmih/view

Unzip and install via Extensions > Load Extension then browse to and select the Breeze folder.

You get a prompt on start-up asking if you'd like to re-enable the extension.

Breeze settings. Use "Main Page" to enter URL for new tab page.

Callender, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Change New Tab Page Settings for Sets in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Tab Page

2. Settings Page Changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings Page Changed: I had Sign in and windows update restore browser etc but they have gone after the lastest updates. They were there till 19043.899How to I get them back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-page-changed/c0304473-e1f2-4acd-b074-632cfde2cfcd
  3. Windows 10 Settings Error / broken Settings pages

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Settings Error / broken Settings pages: All the options in settings drop down menus are missing, and any links on setting pages are either missing or do not work, which means I cannot connect to wifi if it isn't a network I've used before. I have no idea what's going on, but effectively my settings page is broken....
  4. How to change Alt+Tab settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Alt+Tab settings in Windows 10: [ATTACH]This post will help you change Alt+Tab settings in Windows 10. When we press […] This article How to change Alt+Tab settings in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Windows 10 Settings Page

Windows 10 Settings Page: I pressed something accidentally and the top of my "Settings" page in Windows 10 now has a large bar that includes the following headings/information -- "Local Account" "One Drive" and "Windows Update." The top of the page previously just said "Windows Settings" and now I...
  6. Settings tab

Settings tab: I got a brand new dell XPS 13 9380. Whenever I minimize the settings tab, it exits out of it immediately. However, If I don't minimize the tab it stays open. How do I make it so that the tab doesn't close out every time I minimize it? Thanks....
  7. Bing has a new Setting Page

in Browsers and Email
    Bing has a new Setting Page: As the title say's. You'll need to click the image a few time to view it all being it's an "Autoscroll Screenshot" it's very large: [img] 24020
  8. Set new tab to open a specifc page

in Browsers and Email
    Set new tab to open a specifc page: Everything I've found doing searches says this can't be done but I thought I'd give it one more try here. When I open a new tab, I want it to open to a specific web page. Not a blank page or Top sites. I'm not looking for alternatives or other ways to do the same...
  9. Change New Tab page in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change New Tab page in Firefox: How to: Change New Tab page in Firefox How to Change New Tab page in Firefox in Windows When you open a Firefox Home screen by default. The Top Sites (sites you visit most), popular articles Recommended by Pocket, Highlights (sites you've visited recently or...
  10. Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10: How to: Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10 How to Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10 [img] Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10. Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10 Microsoft had Windows Insiders as a...