Windows 10: Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows

Discus and support Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows [img] Information The Printers folder allows you to see all printers in one location to make it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Saltgrass, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Saltgrass Win User

Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows

How to: Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows

Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows [​IMG]
    Information The Printers folder allows you to see all printers in one location to make it easy to manage them.

This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Printers folder shortcut in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Download a Printers folder Shortcut
    • Option Two: To Manually Create a Printers folder Shortcut

EXAMPLE: Printers folder

OPTION ONE [/i] To Download a Printers folder Shortcut
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file below.
    Printers_shortcut.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file..

4. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.

5. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Manually Create a Printers folder Shortcut
    1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste either location below into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow explorer shell:::{2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D}

*Arrow explorer shell:::{863aa9fd-42df-457b-8e4d-0de1b8015c60}

*Arrow rundll32.exe shell32.dll,SHHelpShortcuts_RunDLL PrintersFolder

3. Type Printers for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)
    NOTE: You could name this shortcut anything you would like though.

4. Right click or press and hold on the new Printers shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.

5. In the Shortcut tab, click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)

6. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow %windir%\System32\imageres.dll

7. Select the icon highlighted in blue above, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot above)
    NOTE: You could use any icon that you would like instead though.

8. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

9. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Saltgrass, Jun 29, 2015

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 26, 2019
  3. RonZajac Win User
    "Create Shortcut" to a folder on a USB drive not working

Figured it out, and I have to admit it's (more than) a little embarrassing.

It turns out the generated shortcuts were being deposited elsewhere in the explorer folder window, out of sight.

The folder contents are sorted by Name, alphabetically, but with node type as a primary key, with folders at the top, using the List view. I have hundreds of folders in this folders, so I'm instigating this creation of a shortcut *of* a folder among a sea
    of folders in my list.

What was happening is that the Shortcut *was* being created, but deposited for viewing among the files, out of my sight. I accidentally tripped over scads of created shortcuts when I was scrolling along!

Since I normally create shortcuts of files (not folders), the new shortcut is usually deposited right alongside the target file. I expected this behavior when creating a shortcut for a folder, but it was a mistaken expectation.

Problem "solved"; a dumb User error fixed by a slightly smarter User.

Sorry for the red herring.

RonZajac, Oct 26, 2019
  4. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows :)

terrace, Oct 26, 2019
  5. MYKhashba Win User
    Is there a way to create a folder shortcut?

Hi oofie

As i know that is not possible to do a shortcut to a folder but you can do the following:

- make shortcut to important applications to your standby

- move the "apps folder " you created to the middle of the phone Menu so it will be just 2 steps to get in it

I hope that helps , and please let me know Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows :)

MYKhashba, Oct 26, 2019
  6. RonZajac Win User
    "Create Shortcut" to a folder on a USB drive not working

This is a Windows 10 system... up to date.

I have a preferred process for creating new shortcuts pointing to key folders here and there in my system:

- Right-click on the folder

- Select "Create Shortcut"

- Left-click on the created shortcut, to select it

- Ctrl-X

- Click on folder window to create focus where I'd like to place the shortcut

- Ctrl-V

- Touch up the name on that new shortcut

This no longer works: The second step (above)--the "Create Shortcut" menu item--simply doesn't create a shortcut.

I recall the function used to work like this.

My current workaround: I just copy/paste an existing shortcut, then tweak the Properties (pointing to the desired location) and the name.

But I'm curious why my right-click "Create Shortcut" menu item now does nothing. I swear: It used to work, as one would expect!

RonZajac, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows - Similar Threads - Create Printers Folder

2. Creating a shortcut for printer/scanner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating a shortcut for printer/scanner: I can not figure out a way to create a shortcut for my Canon MG5220 onto my desktop. I no longer have the installation cd. But I have however installed the current driver. But on the start menu I'm not seeing the printer to right click on it. I've read many of the posts...
  3. create a desktop shortcut for a printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    create a desktop shortcut for a printer: How do I create a desktop shortcut in Windows 10 for a printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-desktop-shortcut-for-a-printer/86732439-44f4-4406-a7c0-de42c5e8a5e4
  4. cannot create folders or shortcuts in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot create folders or shortcuts in windows 10: Cannot create folders or shortcuts in windows 10 after update about 2 months ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-folders-or-shortcuts-in-windows-10/7926a668-06a6-4c62-875e-030ff573ef35"
  5. Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows How to Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to the server is unavailable. Users...
  6. Create Devices and Printers Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Devices and Printers Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Devices and Printers Shortcut in Windows [img] Information Devices and Printers (aka: Device Stage), gives you a quick view and access of all of your connected and wireless devices on your computer in one place. By viewing the contents of this folder, you...
  7. Create Recent Folders Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Recent Folders Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Recent Folders Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Recent Folders Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Recent Folders (aka: Recent Places) is a list of folders that you have used or opened recently. These recent folders are also included under...
  8. Create Printer Queue Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Printer Queue Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Printer Queue Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information The print queue shows the status of what documents have been sent from the computer to the printer and are waiting to be printed. If you have a local or network printer connected to your PC, it could...
  9. Create Shared Folders shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Shared Folders shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Shared Folders shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Shared Folders Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use the Shared Folders Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in to centrally manage file shares on a computer. Shared Folders enables...
  10. Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC, tablet, or phone. This tutorial...