Windows 10: Alt-Tab is very laggy

Discus and support Alt-Tab is very laggy in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For the last few months, my alt-tab quick switch (when you just hit alt tab) has been very laggy. Couldn't find an answer on the forums. Tried turning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yotam901, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Alt-Tab is very laggy

For the last few months, my alt-tab quick switch (when you just hit alt tab) has been very laggy. Couldn't find an answer on the forums. Tried turning off focus assist but nothing works. It even happens when light programs are opened and I don't really play games so that's not the case.

My Laptop:

Lenovo V330-15ikb

i7-8550U, 8GB RAM and SSD

submitted by /u/yotam901
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yotam901, Nov 9, 2019

2. alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

Alt-Tab is very laggy Capture122.jpg

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

oli_ramsay, Nov 9, 2019
  3. alt + tab not working

*Confused Alt-Tab is very laggy :confused: I can alt tab back even if i don't have another program to switch too.

spearman914, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Alt-Tab is very laggy

Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Settings

How to Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10

*note If you have multiple Microsoft Edge windows in a Set, only the one most recently accessed will be visible in Alt+Tab.

This tutorial will show you how to show the most recently used Windows only or Windows and tabs when pressing Alt+Tab for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab using a REG file
    EXAMPLE: Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab

Alt-Tab is very laggy [​IMG]

OPTION ONE
    Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Settings

*note Tabs in apps will need to be turned on to be able to do this option.
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Multitasking on the left side, select Windows only or Windows and tabs (default) for what you want in the Pressing Alt+Tab shows the most recently used drop menu under Sets on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO
    Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab using a REG file

*note Tabs in apps will need to be turned on to be able to do this option.

The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

AltTabExcludeInactiveTabs DWORD

0 = Windows and tabs
    1 = Windows only

1. Do step 2 (Windows and tabs) or step 3 (Windows only) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Show most recently used "Windows and tabs" when pressing Alt+Tab
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Alt+Tab_shows_Windows_and_tabs.reg

3. To Show most recently used "Windows only" when pressing Alt+Tab
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Alt+Tab_shows_Windows_only.reg

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Alt-Tab is very laggy

1. Alt-Tab is very laggy - Similar Threads - Alt Tab very

2. My laptop is very laggy.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is very laggy.: My laptop became very laggy in the last month or so, Ryzen 4800u 16gb and RTX3060 1TB NVMe, there really is no reason for this other than a crypto miner running in the background which defender and other programs cant or wont find. I have reinstalled windows twice, tried...
  3. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: Hai.While using the Alt+Tab feature, I would like to hide certain windows from appearing in it. Because, I use two screens for multi tasking and have certain windows idly open. This makes the Alt+tab too clumsy and difficult to choose the app that I need. Any suggestions...
  4. Alt+Tab

Alt+Tab: Hai.While using the Alt+Tab feature, I would like to hide certain windows from appearing in it. Because, I use two screens for multi tasking and have certain windows idly open. This makes the Alt+tab too clumsy and difficult to choose the app that I need. Any suggestions...
  5. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  6. Alt+Tab

Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  7. Roblox is very laggy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox is very laggy: Hi, I've been using Roblox for about 2 years now, and overnight, the framerate has dropped significantly and input delay is very bad. My computer has about 250 GB of space left, and I am very confused. Any reasons why Roblox is so laggy?...
  8. Roblox is very laggy

Roblox is very laggy: Hi, I've been using Roblox for about 2 years now, and overnight, the framerate has dropped significantly and input delay is very bad. My computer has about 250 GB of space left, and I am very confused. Any reasons why Roblox is so laggy?...
  9. alt+tab

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    alt+tab: when i alt+tab it use to show previews but then all of a sudden it stopped. i don't exactly remember when it stopped but it doesn't show previews only icons submitted by /u/venusarr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jpfjbx/alttab/
  10. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt+Tab: How can I remap Alt+Tab to a single key like the Fn Key. I came from Linux Mint with Gnome Desktop and accessing all my open tabs was one key away. How can I replicate this time-saving feature on Windows 10? submitted by /u/luke__7 [link] [comments]...