Windows 10: Alt-Tab is very laggy

Discus and support Alt-Tab is very laggy in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For the last few months, my alt-tab quick switch (when you just hit alt tab) has been very laggy. Couldn't find an answer on the forums. Tried turning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yotam901, Nov 9, 2019 at 8:22 AM.

1. Alt-Tab is very laggy

For the last few months, my alt-tab quick switch (when you just hit alt tab) has been very laggy. Couldn't find an answer on the forums. Tried turning off focus assist but nothing works. It even happens when light programs are opened and I don't really play games so that's not the case.

My Laptop:

Lenovo V330-15ikb

i7-8550U, 8GB RAM and SSD

submitted by /u/yotam901
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yotam901, Nov 9, 2019 at 8:22 AM

2. alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

Alt-Tab is very laggy Capture122.jpg

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

3. alt + tab not working

*Confused Alt-Tab is very laggy :confused: I can alt tab back even if i don't have another program to switch too.

spearman914, Nov 9, 2019 at 8:26 AM
  4. Alt-Tab is very laggy

Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Settings

How to Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10

*note If you have multiple Microsoft Edge windows in a Set, only the one most recently accessed will be visible in Alt+Tab.

This tutorial will show you how to show the most recently used Windows only or Windows and tabs when pressing Alt+Tab for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab using a REG file
    EXAMPLE: Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab

Alt-Tab is very laggy [​IMG]

OPTION ONE
    Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Settings

*note Tabs in apps will need to be turned on to be able to do this option.
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Multitasking on the left side, select Windows only or Windows and tabs (default) for what you want in the Pressing Alt+Tab shows the most recently used drop menu under Sets on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO
    Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab using a REG file

*note Tabs in apps will need to be turned on to be able to do this option.

The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

AltTabExcludeInactiveTabs DWORD

0 = Windows and tabs
    1 = Windows only

1. Do step 2 (Windows and tabs) or step 3 (Windows only) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Show most recently used "Windows and tabs" when pressing Alt+Tab
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Alt+Tab_shows_Windows_and_tabs.reg

3. To Show most recently used "Windows only" when pressing Alt+Tab
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Alt+Tab_shows_Windows_only.reg

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 9, 2019 at 8:26 AM
Thema:

Alt-Tab is very laggy

1. Alt-Tab is very laggy - Similar Threads - Alt Tab very

2. Alt tab shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt tab shortcut not working: just recently i tried holding down alt and tab which i had done minutes ago and it just instantly switched to the other window instead of popping up a overlay which shows all the windows. How do i fix this? submitted by /u/Arlojmikk [link] [comments]...
  3. alt tab doesn't toggle

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab doesn't toggle: Never had this issue: when i alt tab to something, it doesn't toggle. Or clicking on icon on taskbar doesn't bring that up. While start menu experience host is running. Also when i bring up pop out window from chrome and want alt tab back to main window - main window isn't...
  4. Random Alt-Tabs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random Alt-Tabs?: So, this issue developed some weeks ago. Every hour, from start-up, I get alt-tabbed to a mystery window, called 'Update' according to WindowsFocusLogger. I've tried disabling tasks, I've tried closing down non-essential tasks at start up - I've tried **** round in...
  5. Slow alt-tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow alt-tab: Hello, I just uprgaded to W10 recently, and discovered very annoying problem. Since I work with modding some games, I have to alt-tab a lot, from full screen to desktop. In W7 it was taking like 1 second to alt-tab to deskop, but on W10 it is like 4-5 seconds, and I hate...
  6. Weird alt tab issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird alt tab issue?: I run a 4k monitor and then two side 1440p monitors. So i have my games set to borderless windowed mode so i can easily switch to the other monitors in the middle of gaming. Before i did this clean install of anniversary update if i had a game open and hit alt tab the taskbar...
  7. alt tab into desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab into desktop?: How do i alt tab into desktop like in windows 7? I don't like w + d. 77463
  8. Problem with Alt + Tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Alt + Tab: Hi, I have been experiencing an odd and rather annoying problem with alt + tab. [img] As you see the screenshot, these apps (Store, Window Feedback, Mail, Weather) have been keep popping up when I do alt + tab. Even I turn them off, they pop again after minutes or...
  9. Alt+Tab not working at all

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Alt+Tab not working at all: I can't get Alt+Tab to function. Win+Tab works fine, as does Left-Alt+Right-Alt+Tab. But I need Alt+Tab for a lot of the multi-tasking I do, and Win+Tab just doesn't cut it. I've checked in settings, and the Alt+Tab option in there is set to "Only the Desktop I'm Using";...
  10. Alt-Tab To Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-Tab To Desktop: Is it possible to add desktop back to the alt-tab menu? 52798