Windows 10: Disconnect from Wireless Network in Windows 10

Discus and support Disconnect from Wireless Network in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Disconnect from Wireless Network in Windows 10 How to Disconnect from a Wireless Network in Windows 10 [img] Information When you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by oneLess, Oct 4, 2016.

1. oneLess Win User

Disconnect from Wireless Network in Windows 10

How to: Disconnect from Wireless Network in Windows 10

How to Disconnect from a Wireless Network in Windows 10

Disconnect from Wireless Network in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information When you password key, and security information to be able to connect to a wireless network.

If you like, you can disconnect from a wireless network without connect to the wireless network the next time you want to connect to it.

This tutorial will show you how to disconnect from a wireless network on your Windows 10 PC.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Disconnect from Wireless Network from Network Icon
    • Option Two: To Disconnect Wireless Network from Only Interface in Command Prompt
    • Option Three: To Disconnect Wireless Network from Specific Interface in Command Prompt

OPTION ONE [/i] To Disconnect from Wireless Network from Network Icon
    1. Click/tap on the Network icon in the taskbar notification area, and click/tap on the connected wireless network you want to disconnect from. (see screenshot below)

2. Click/tap on Disconnect. (see screenshot below)

3. You will now be disconnected from this wireless network. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Disconnect Wireless Network from Only Interface in Command Prompt

Note You would only want to use this option if you only have one wireless network interface for your PC. You can use the netsh wlan show interfaces command to see if you do.

1. Open a command prompt.

2. Enter the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

*Arrow netsh wlan disconnect

OPTION THREE [/i] To Disconnect Wireless Network from Specific Interface in Command Prompt

Note You would only want to use this option if you only have more than one wireless network interface for your PC. You can use the netsh wlan show interfaces command to see if you do.

1. Open a command prompt.

2. Enter the command below into the command prompt, press Enter, and make note of the name (ex: "Wi-Fi 2") of the connected interface you want to disconnect. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow netsh wlan show interfaces

3. Enter the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow netsh wlan disconnect interface="name"

Note Substitute name in the command above with the actual name of the wireless network interface from step 2.

For example: netsh wlan disconnect interface="Wi-Fi 2"

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

oneLess, Oct 4, 2016

2. Windows 10 not saving wireless password

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Win 7 Home Premium. After installing, I notice that the WPA password is not being saved for the wireless network, so every time it disconnects I have to re-enter the password. Deleting the wireless profile hasn't helped
    and I've also tried changing the network SSID to force Windows to use a new wireless profile. Thanks in advance for any help or ideas!

AdamGroves, Oct 4, 2016
  3. wireless printer status shows "offline"

Joythar K

I think you misunderstood my post/question my Windows 10 installation is NOT having trouble seeing or using the wireless network BUT the wireless printer has an assigned IP address by the router (so it is recognized as part of the network) unfortunately
    Windows 10 does not offer it as an available wireless device to choose during the software installation. If I use a network cable or USB cable it installs without a problem. As soon as I disconnect the network cable the "printer status" icon changes from
    "ready" to "offline" and Windows does NOT see the printer again???

savagerx78, Oct 4, 2016
Thema:

Disconnect from Wireless Network in Windows 10

1. Disconnect from Wireless Network in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Disconnect Wireless Network

2. Wireless Network Disconnection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Network Disconnection: Wireless Network Disconnection: Hi Experts, I have Dell Latitude e6540 with Windows 10 (1903) is creating an issue. When I am working on the browser on any other activity my internet connection is broken however Wireless connection is showing remains connected but i am out...
  3. Wireless Network Disconnection

Wireless Network Disconnection: Wireless Network Disconnection: Hi Experts, I have Dell Latitude e6540 with Windows 10 1903 is creating an issue. When I am working on the browser on any other activity my internet connection is broken however Wireless connection is showing remains connected but i am out...
  4. Wireless network adapter will disconnect from internet randomly.

Wireless network adapter will disconnect from internet randomly.: Hi! I have an issue where my USB Wireless network adapter will disconnect from the internet randomly, however it doesn't fully disconnect from my home WiFi, that still works for some time, but websites will fail to load. Online games and apps like Discord also still work...
  5. Windows 10 Wireless Adapter "Disconnected"

Windows 10 Wireless Adapter "Disconnected": Hello, so today when I tried to connect my laptop to WiFi, I noticed that the WiFi settings have disappeared. Before I have been using ethernet at home, so I have no idea when this started, but definetly less than 2 days ago because I was still able to connect to WiFi back...
  6. Frequent disconnects from network

Frequent disconnects from network: Hi, I have an extremely perplexing problem which I hope someone can help with. I have 2 self built PC's with the same OS and Mobo but different CPU's. One of the systems is stable and has no problems, the other has frequent but random disconnects from the net. The one which...
  7. ASUS Laptop Repeatedly Disconnects from Wireless Network

ASUS Laptop Repeatedly Disconnects from Wireless Network: My ASUS laptop, which uses Windows 10, has recently started to disconnect itself from my WiFi network at random. The network I was using still appears in the network list screen, but it will not connect if you click on it. The Qualcomm Atheros AR985 Wireless Network Adapter...
  8. Wireless networking with Windows 10

Wireless networking with Windows 10: I've been plagued with network problems for what seems years, and every time I think it's resolved, it comes back again, albeit with different symptoms. Hope someone can find the magic bullet for me.We have 2 laptop computers A and B and 1 desktop C at home, all running...
  9. Intermittent Wireless Network/Internet disconnects

Intermittent Wireless Network/Internet disconnects: Hi, I have a HP 15 Notebook PC running Windows 10 Home. My ISP is Frontier and I connect with a Netgear D2200D modem/router. For quite a while now, I have had problems connecting to the internet and to the network itself, but my husband's tablet has no connection...
  10. Wireless Controller will NOT disconnect from bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Controller will NOT disconnect from bluetooth.: Hello, I was very reluctant to post here considering I can figure most PC related things out by myself but this one has me stumped, my PS4 controller will not disconnect from Bluetooth no matter what I do. If I right click it and "remove" device, it successfully removes but...