Windows 10: Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync on Metered Network

Discus and support Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync on Metered Network in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync on Metered Network How to Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync when on Metered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 26, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync on Metered Network

How to: Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync on Metered Network

How to Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync when on Metered Network in Windows 10

Microsoft account. OneDrive is integrated into Windows 10 where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to OneDrive from any PC, tablet, or phone.

Once you chosen files and folders with your PC.

Starting with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, you can manually pause syncing of files and folders on OneDrive as needed.

By default, Windows 10 will automatically pause sync when the device is on a metered wireless network.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable automatically pause OneDrive sync when on metered network for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Automatically Pause OneDrive Sync when on Metered Network in OneDrive Settings
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Automatically Pause OneDrive Sync when on Metered Network using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Automatically Pause OneDrive Sync when on Metered Network in OneDrive Settings
    1. Click/tap on the OneDrive icon
    Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync on Metered Network [​IMG]
    in the notification area, click/tap on More, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

2. Click/tap on the Settings tab, check (enable - default) or uncheck Automatically pause sync when this device is on a metered network for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

*note This setting is only available while you are signed in to OneDrive.

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Automatically Pause OneDrive Sync when on Metered Network using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\OneDrive

UserSettingMeteredNetworkEnabled DWORD

0 = Disable
    1 = Enable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Automatically Pause OneDrive Sync when on Metered Network
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the REG file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Automatically_pause_OneDrive_sync_when_on_metered_network.reg

Download

3. To Disable Automatically Pause OneDrive Sync when on Metered Network
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the REG file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Automatically_pause_OneDrive_sync_when_on_metered_network.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If OneDrive is currently running, then close and reopen OneDrive to apply, or sign in to Windows 10 to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 26, 2018

2. how to disable Onedrive "metered network" notifications?

I've got my network connection set as metered so my windows 10 doesn't hog all of my bandwidth when it needs to download something (when set as metered, windows updates and such pause automatically when programs on the pc or other devices on the network
    are utilizing my 672Kbp/s max bandwidth home internet connection. Needless to say that this is a highly desired behavior). With the connection set as metered, I keep getting notifications from onedrive that my connection is metered. I don't really use onedrive
    atm, but I might use it in the future. Is there any way to disable the notifications without disabling onedrive or changing my connection settings?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Sebastian Hahn, Oct 27, 2019
  3. OneDrive paused automatically

Are you quite sure there isn't some way to override the automatic pausing of OneDrive when Metered Connection is set? Was it the Fall Creators Update that automatically paused OneDrive when a Metered Connection is being used? It wouldn't be so much of an
    issue if the Procrustes Creators Update hadn't taken away the choice of whether to automatically download and install new updates other than by using a Metered Connection.

Evern Otes, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Delbrook Win User

OneDrive paused automatically

I am using Windows 10 home and OneDrive personal, and a laptop and use WiFi for the internet.

I constantly create documents and directly save them to my laptop's OneDrive - Document folder. And the documents will automatically saved to the OneDrive Cloud storage.

Because I don't like Windows 10 Updates automatically pushed to my laptop, I set my WiFi as metered.

Now OneDrive got "paused" automatically. It is a pain to have to remember to re-sync OneDrive manually all the time.

Is there a way, in my situation, to stop OneDrive to "pause" automatically?

Thanks

Del

Delbrook, Oct 27, 2019
  5. dypsis Win User
    Disable OneDrive Pausing Sync In Battery Saver Mode

OneDrive keeps pausing sync automatically every time I am running in battery save mode and I have to keep enabling it manually. How do I disable this annoying setting?

dypsis, Oct 27, 2019
  6. dypsis Win User
    Disable OneDrive Pausing Sync In Battery Saver Mode

Hi.

I don't want to uninstall OneDrive. I use it.

What I want to do is to stop OneDrive from automatically pausing when it goes into battery save mode.

Surely, MS gives the user an option to enable it or disable it. It is very annoying, and I don't have the time to be messing around re-enabling it manually all the time. I simply want to turn "automatic pause" off.

dypsis, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync on Metered Network - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Automatic

2. OneDrive is not signing in & syncing automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive is not signing in & syncing automatically: Since today morning, my onedrive is not automatically signing in and syncing files in my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-is-not-signing-in-syncing-automatically/479933aa-bdc4-421a-8f97-bedbd99f36f7
  3. OneDrive is not signing in & syncing automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive is not signing in & syncing automatically: Since today morning, my onedrive is not automatically signing in and syncing files in my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-is-not-signing-in-syncing-automatically/479933aa-bdc4-421a-8f97-bedbd99f36f7
  4. Syncing files automatically with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing files automatically with OneDrive: I recently switched from Dropbox to OneDrive. Dropbox would instantly and automatically sync my files as I made changes. How can I do this with OneDrive? I did a lot of work yesterday and when I got home none of my files were synced....
  5. Metered Connection Disables Automatically after enabling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Metered Connection Disables Automatically after enabling: When I try to set my Mobile hotspot as metered Connection when I click Toggle button is turning into blue but when I revist the Connection property window it shows metered Connection is in off position. Metered Connection disabling automatically. Kindly help me in this regard...
  6. Is there a way besides setting networks to metered and disabling automatic updates in...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a way besides setting networks to metered and disabling automatic updates in...: I ask because those two methods, which are the ones most commonly found on the internet, no longer work. Windows overrides their customers' preferences and settings and shuts down/restarts their personal computers at random times, losing unsaved information during, say, a...
  7. My Onedrive does not sync stating I am on metered network

My Onedrive does not sync stating I am on metered network: my one drive does not sync stating I am on metered network, I troubled shoot with provider and it seems that the issue is with onedrive app. how can I solve this issue , because I am, not on metered network * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title:...
  8. Disable OneDrive Pausing Sync In Battery Saver Mode

Disable OneDrive Pausing Sync In Battery Saver Mode: OneDrive keeps pausing sync automatically every time I am running in battery save mode and I have to keep enabling it manually. How do I disable this annoying setting?...
  9. Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync in Battery Saver Mode

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync in Battery Saver Mode: How to: Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync in Battery Saver Mode How to Enable or Disable Automatically Pause OneDrive Sync when in Battery Saver Mode in Windows 10 Microsoft account. OneDrive is integrated into Windows 10 where you can view, browse,...
  10. Pause Syncing in OneDrive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pause Syncing in OneDrive in Windows 10: How to: Pause Syncing in OneDrive in Windows 10 How to Pause Syncing in OneDrive in Windows 10 OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service that comes with your Microsoft account. OneDrive is integrated into Windows 10 where you can view, browse, upload, and share the...