Windows 10: Enable or Disable Privacy Settings Experience at Sign-in in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Privacy Settings Experience at Sign-in in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Privacy Settings Experience at Sign-in in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Privacy Settings Experience at Sign-in in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by chronos55, Feb 6, 2018.

1. chronos55 Win User

Enable or Disable Privacy Settings Experience at Sign-in in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Privacy Settings Experience at Sign-in in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Privacy Settings Experience at Sign-in in Windows 10

In Windows 10, you can choose how much information you want to share with Microsoft by changing your privacy settings.

With Microsoft's administrator account.

Starting with Windows 10 new user account for the first time or after an upgrade (ex: new build or version of Windows 10), that user will be presented with a screen that prompts the user to review or choose privacy settings for their account. This is called the privacy settings experience.

*note Users will always be able to change their privacy settings at anytime in Windows 10.
    While the privacy settings experience is helpful to make sure users review their privacy settings in case they may have been reset after an update, you may find it annoying and want to disable the privacy settings experience.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable launching the privacy settings experience at sign-in for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable launching the privacy settings experience at sign-in.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Privacy Settings Experience at Sign-in in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Privacy Settings Experience at Sign-in using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Privacy settings experience at sign-in

Enable or Disable Privacy Settings Experience at Sign-in in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Privacy Settings Experience at Sign-in in Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\OOBE

3. In the right pane of OOBE, double click/tap on the Don't launch privacy settings experience on user logon policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Privacy Settings Experience at Sign-in
    A) Select (dot) either Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Privacy Settings Experience at Sign-in
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Privacy Settings Experience at Sign-in using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\OOBE

DisablePrivacyExperience DWORD

(delete) = Enable
    1 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Privacy Settings Experience at Sign-in
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Privacy_settings_experience_on_user_logon.reg

Download

3. To Disable Privacy Settings Experience at Sign-in
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Privacy_settings_experience_on_user_logon.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

chronos55, Feb 6, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

New privacy screen settings layout coming to Windows 10

Source: Windows Insiders get first look at new privacy screen settings layout coming to Windows 10 - Windows Experience Blog

See also: Microsoft announcing Windows 10 Bug Bash Privacy Edition Insider - Windows 10 Forums

Tip You will be able to change all of these privacy settings at anytime in Windows 10.

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Jism Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Come'on. Even tho it offers a privacy setting, it's still not good enough.

There's a very good article on What data Windows 10 sends to Microsoft and how to stop it – HackMag what explains what your W10 OS is doing on the background and what type of data it is sending.

Making a privacy setting still submits the very basic tracking data to various servers, and no-one actually knows what is happening with that.

Windows 7 never had any privacy killing features aboard, untill they pushed an update to even computers with automatic updated turned off, offering the same type of stuff.

People need to be aware that this is just a 'small' step into a future where privacy is just no more. This privacy will be gone the more the masses keep signing up to services in exchange for their data. W10, Google, Facebook, they are all a perfectly good example of company's who became too big.

Remove telemetry updates for Windows 7 and 8.1

Some good stuff.

6. 'Mike P Win User
    shared experiences

Thanks,

quick search....

You can quickly enable, disable, and change the Shared experiences settings on Windows 10 using the following steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Click on Shared experiences.
    • Turn on or off the Share across devices toggle switch to enable or disable the feature.

Enable or Disable Privacy Settings Experience at Sign-in in Windows 10 23aebb6e-f501-49c1-b427-4b0980d506b3?upload=true.jpg

'Mike P, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Privacy Settings Experience at Sign-in in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Privacy

2. PIN Sign In Enabled but Settings shows it as disabled

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN Sign In Enabled but Settings shows it as disabled: Hey,So since a reset a while back, I've had this issue where Windows Settings shows that I don't have a PIN set however it prompts me for my PIN on sign in - and if I try and add a PIN it will ask me to enter my current PIN to confirm then close without asking for a new...
  3. PIN Sign In Enabled but Settings shows it as disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Sign In Enabled but Settings shows it as disabled: Hey,So since a reset a while back, I've had this issue where Windows Settings shows that I don't have a PIN set however it prompts me for my PIN on sign in - and if I try and add a PIN it will ask me to enter my current PIN to confirm then close without asking for a new...
  4. PIN Sign In Enabled but Settings shows it as disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. what is best for privacy, enable telemtry with it set to 0 or just disable it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is best for privacy, enable telemtry with it set to 0 or just disable it?: i have an annyoing "some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization" message in my settings. i googled how to remove it and came across a site that said i should enable telemtry and set it to 3. it didn't work, however im not sure what to set it back too, i...
  6. How to disable Privacy Settings Experience at sign-in in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Privacy Settings Experience at sign-in in Windows 10: [ATTACH] When you create a new account in Windows 10, it comes up with options related to privacy. For example, you will see the option to enable or disable Speech recognition, Location service, Find my device, Inking & typing, and so [...] This post How to disable Privacy...
  7. Enable or Disable Shared Experiences in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Shared Experiences in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Shared Experiences in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Shared Experiences in Windows 10 Microsoft has introduced a new Shared Experiences feature (formerly referred as Project Rome and Cross-Device Experiences) in Windows 10 Creators Update....
  8. Enable or Disable Sets in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sets in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Sets in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Sets in Windows 10 [img] Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10. Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10 Microsoft had Windows Insiders as a controlled...
  9. Missing "Tailored experiences" option in Privacy settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing "Tailored experiences" option in Privacy settings: A couple of weeks ago I installed the Windows 10 Pro N 1703 (15063.413) as a new clean installation, i.e. not as an update from an earlier version. Yesterday I thought I would go through and check the privacy settings once again. I watched a couple of Youtube videos on the...
  10. Disable some privacy settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable some privacy settings in Windows 10: Howdy, I wanna disable some settings in the Windows 10 Settings. I just must disable them via registry. If anyone know one or some of registry keys for disabling the following items please let me know: Settings > Privacy :: Camera > Let apps use my camera Microphone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to enable or disable privacy settings experience at signin