Windows 10: Help choosing a refurb laptop 12-13in screen, details inside

Discus and support Help choosing a refurb laptop 12-13in screen, details inside in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; (I don't know if I am posting in right section. If not, pls feel free to move) Hello folks, My wife needs a 12-13 inch laptop for her work. She is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by crackhammer, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Help choosing a refurb laptop 12-13in screen, details inside

(I don't know if I am posting in right section. If not, pls feel free to move)

Hello folks,

My wife needs a 12-13 inch laptop for her work. She is always on the go so using desktop is not practical. The work provided with Surface tablets but she doesn't find them comfortable to use. (The touchscreen is pretty much useless for her work) So she is looking for a laptop, lightweight but doesn't want to pay top $$ for an ultrabook. The work may provide them with ultrabooks within few months but until then she needs something.

The requirements
    - light weight
    - longer battery life
    - She doesn't do any processor intensive work. All their work is on a remote server.
    - Upgradable, Should be easy to replace the battery, HDD and RAM, if required.
    - Trying to stay below $250-300

So started looking for refurb laptops on ebay. This is my search TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL or (https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...rt=nc&LH_BIN=1 )

Almost all of these fit the bill. I wonder which one of these do you think is the best bang for the buck and upgradable?
    Ideally, even Chromebook should work but she needs to install Citrix and Java for her work and I don't know if one can install it on a Chromebook, so looking for laptops.

If anyone has other (better) ideas with regards to different laptops, I am all ears.

Thanks a lot in advance.

:)

crackhammer, Nov 12, 2019

2. Choose an app to show detailed status on lock screen in Settings

How to Choose Apps to Show Detailed and Quick Status on Lock Screen in Windows 10

The lock screen is the screen you see at startup and when you lock the computer. You will need to dismiss the lock screen to be able to see the sign in screen and sign in to Windows 10.

By default, the lock screen for your account will display notifications, and show the detailed status and quick status of apps you choose.

You can choose none or one app to show detailed status on your lock screen, displaying up to three strings of text.

You can choose none or up to seven apps to show quick status on your lock screen, displaying up to one short string of text.

This tutorial will show you how to choose apps to show detailed and quick status of on the lock screen for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Choose an app to show detailed status on lock screen in Settings
    • Option Two: Choose apps to show quick status on lock screen in Settings

EXAMPLE: Detailed status of an app on lock screen

Help choosing a refurb laptop 12-13in screen, details inside [​IMG]

OPTION ONE
    Choose an app to show detailed status on lock screen in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Personalization icon.

2. Click/tap on Lock screen on the left side. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the icon under Choose an app to show detailed status.

4. Select None or a listed app you want.

OPTION TWO
    Choose apps to show quick status on lock screen in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Personalization icon.

2. Click/tap on Lock screen on the left side. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on one of the seven icons under Choose apps to show quick status.

4. Select None or a listed app you want.

5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 above to change, add, or remove (none) any other apps you want.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Nov 12, 2019
  4. drdeathx Win User

Help choosing a refurb laptop 12-13in screen, details inside

Help choosing a new case

Don't really know how to help you. You are being vague. Here is what I would do. Choosing a case is aesthetics first. Shop NewEgg and list the cases you like and list them. Members will suggest the best choice from your selections.

drdeathx, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Help choosing a refurb laptop 12-13in screen, details inside

1. Help choosing a refurb laptop 12-13in screen, details inside - Similar Threads - Help choosing refurb

2. Logging into Microsoft on a refurb laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging into Microsoft on a refurb laptop: I have just purchased a refurbished laptop from a reputable supplier, but can’t get past the Microsoft log in window which says: ‘Let’s get things set up for your work or school’It won’t accept my personal Microsoft email details, OR my work Microsoft details.When I enter my...
  3. Logging into Microsoft on a refurb laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logging into Microsoft on a refurb laptop: I have just purchased a refurbished laptop from a reputable supplier, but can’t get past the Microsoft log in window which says: ‘Let’s get things set up for your work or school’It won’t accept my personal Microsoft email details, OR my work Microsoft details.When I enter my...
  4. Logging into Microsoft on a refurb laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Help choosing a new laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help choosing a new laptop.: I am buying a new laptop to replace my Dell Inspiron. I have owned the Dell for nine years. T is very slow even after having someone service it. I am not very computer savvy but want something that is fast and will last a while. My wife and I are in our 70s and don’t want to...
  6. Help choosing a new laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help choosing a new laptop.: I am buying a new laptop to replace my Dell Inspiron. I have owned the Dell for nine years. T is very slow even after having someone service it. I am not very computer savvy but want something that is fast and will last a while. My wife and I are in our 70s and don’t want to...
  7. Help choosing laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help choosing laptop: Hello, I am currently looking for a new laptop ($1000 or less) and found 2 computers one that I will be referring to as MSI (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/msi-alpha-15-gaming-laptop/8mv2z3w4774l?activetab=pivot:overviewtab) and the other one that I will be referring to as...
  8. Help choosing a Win 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Help choosing a Win 10 laptop: Hi all I'd really like to find out what people's opinions are on some of the new 11 or so inch tablets with Windows 10. I gave my Chromebook 3 away to my brother who is very happy with it since he's not so hooked on windows at this point. But now I'm in search of a...
  9. Help choosing a gaming laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help choosing a gaming laptop?: Hi guys, I'm looking at a few gaming laptops, and I'm having trouble deciding between a Razer and a Gigabyte laptop. These are the two I'm looking at: Razer Blade Pro 17.3in 120Hz FHD Intel Core i7-7700HQ Gaming Laptop GTX1080 1TB SSD | Wireless 1 Gigabyte AORUS X7 v7...
  10. View/Choose Details

in Windows 10 Support
    View/Choose Details: In Windows 7 and earlier you could click View and "Choose Details" to customize which columns were displayed in an individual folder. Is there a way to do this in Windows 10? 45344