Windows 10: Hide Account Protection in Windows Defender Security Center

Discus and support Hide Account Protection in Windows Defender Security Center in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Hide Account Protection in Windows Security in Windows 10 Hide or Show Account Protection in Windows Security in Windows 10 Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Wiley Coyote, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Hide Account Protection in Windows Defender Security Center

How to: Hide Account Protection in Windows Security in Windows 10

Hide or Show Account Protection in Windows Security in Windows 10

Windows 10 Windows Defender Security Center, which contains Windows Defender Antivirus. When you start up Windows 10 for the first time, Windows Defender Antivirus is on and actively helping to protect your device by scanning for malware (malicious software), viruses, and security threats.

Windows Defender Antivirus uses real-time protection to scan your downloads and the programs you run on your device. Also, Windows Update downloads updates for Windows Defender Antivirus automatically to help keep your device safe and protect it from threats.

Windows Defender Security Center shows you how Windows Defender Antivirus has been protecting you. It shows you when:
    • Your device was last scanned for threats.
    • Your definitions were last updated. Definitions are files that Windows Defender Antivirus uses to protect your device against the latest threats.
    • The Device performance and health scan was run to ensure your device is operating efficiently.
    Starting with Windows 10 17093, the Account protection and Device security protection areas have been added to the Windows Defender Security Center.

Windows Defender Security Center has seven areas that protect your device and let you specify how you want your device protected:
    • Controlled folder access.
    • Account protection - Makes it easier for users to protect their identity when signing in to Windows with the new Account Protection pillar in Windows Defender Security Center. Account Protection will encourage password users to set up Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint or PIN for faster sign in, and will notify Dynamic lock users if Dynamic lock has stopped working because their phone or device Bluetooth is off.
    • Firewall & network protection - Manage the settings for Windows Defender Firewall, and monitor what’s happening with your networks and Internet connections.
    • Exploit protection.
    • Device security - Gives you greater insight into the security features integrated in your Windows device. The Device Security page provides you with status reporting and management of security features built into your devices – including toggling features on to provide enhanced protections.
    • Device performance & health - See status about your device’s performance health and keep your device clean and up to date with the latest version of Windows 10.
    • Family options - Provides easy access to managing your childrens’ online experiences and the devices in your household.
    Starting with Windows 10 version 1709, the Account protection area can be hidden from users of the PC. This can be useful if you don't want them to see or have access to this area.

If you choose to hide the Account protection area, it will no longer appear on the home page of the Windows Defender Security Center app, and its icon will not be shown on the navigation bar on the side of the app.

This tutorial will show you how to hide or show the Account protection area in the Windows Security app for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to hide or show this area in the Windows Defender Security Center.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Hide or Show "Account protection" in Windows Security using Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Hide or Show "Account protection" in Windows Security using a REG file

EXAMPLE: "Account protection" area in Windows Security

Hide Account Protection in Windows Defender Security Center [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Hide or Show "Account protection" in Windows Security using Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option TWO below.
    1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows components\Windows Defender Security Center\Account protection

OR

(Windows build 17661 and later)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows components\Windows Security\Account protection

3. In the right pane of Account protection in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Hide the Account protection area policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (show) or step 6 (hide) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Show "Account protection" in Windows Security
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Hide "Account protection" in Windows Security
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. Close the Local Group Policy Editor.

OPTION TWO [/i] Hide or Show "Account protection" in Windows Security using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender Security Center\Account protection

UILockdown DWORD

(delete) = Show
    1 = Hide

1. Do step 2 (show) or step 3 (hide) below for what you would like to do.

[section]2. To Show "Account protection" in Windows Security/section]
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Show_Account_protection_in_Windows_Defender_Security_Center.reg

Download

3. To Hide "Account protection" in Windows Security
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Hide_Account_protection_in_Windows_Defender_Security_Center.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. Restart the computer to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Wiley Coyote, Mar 4, 2018

2. initiating a virus scan with windows defender on Windows 10

• Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Click on Virus & threat protection.
    • Click on Quick Scan or see Advanced Scan.

If you don't see the Windows Defender icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar, add it.

Windows Defender Notification Area Icon - Hide or Show in Windows 10

Hide or Show Windows Defender Notification Area Icon in Windows 10

Bruce Hagen, Mar 4, 2018
  3. GreginMich, Mar 4, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hide Account Protection in Windows Defender Security Center

Hello Clayton, *Smile

I'm afraid it's only available starting with Windows 10 build 17093.

For non Insiders, it'll be available when version 1803 (Windows 10 Spring Creators Update) is released later in March/April 2018.

Brink, Mar 4, 2018
  5. Thanks. I suspected as much but wasn't sure of myself. With my current drug regimen I'm enduring more of that here lately. I'll just hold off and hope to remember when 10 SCU comes in.

You have a good day, and Thanks Again.

Wiley Coyote, Mar 4, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Anytime mate. You have a great day as well.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Hide Account Protection in Windows Defender Security Center

1. Hide Account Protection in Windows Defender Security Center - Similar Threads - Hide Account Protection

2. Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History: I recall on older versions of Windows Defender (now Windows Security Center) that you could clear the threat history. I have found no such way in current versions of Windows Security Center. Is there a way to do this? I am on Windows 10 1903. 133451
  3. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: My Windows Defender Security Center is not working. There are no options like virus & threat protection and others. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-security-center/2f1968ec-0098-4aae-b4c5-ef25f94f5cc6"
  4. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: Hi, Every time I connect to VPN(Client Network) from My personal laptop I get windows defender security center popup- Its shows all as green but yet it continuously pop up. I can not type a mail or do anything else. It happens only when VPN connection is done. I tried to...
  5. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: I have a problem with access to Windows Defender settings. I am not able to turn application and file checking on. It says that in order to change the setting I have to be an administrator but I am already an administrator. I am sorry for this being written in Croatian. I...
  6. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: I keep getting notification that threats has been found, "Windows anti virus protection found threats. Get details. When I click on the message or manual open the defender center I get the message there are no current threats and the center is locked up. I have rebooted...
  7. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: Under Virus & Threat protection I click on learn more and it then goes to sign in. When I try to sign it tell me This doesn't look like a work or school email. You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead This is a personal...
  8. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: When I boot my system (Windows 10 Home Ed.) "Windows Defender Security Center" always pops up windowed (not minimised). is this normal (I can't remember that it was always like this) and can I do something about it so that it starts minimised ? 112234
  9. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: Since the Fall update 1709 the Windows Defender Security starts up NOT longer minimised but windowed. I don't see how I can change this so that Defender starts up minimized as it used to. Windows Defender start up through the register entry: Registry -> User Run...
  10. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: When booting my Window 10 (Home Edition) the "Windows Defender Security Center" program starts no longer minimized as it used to be. I don't know what caused this or what can I do about this. I know this isn't a big deal but it some could help me remedy this I would be most...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to Hide or Show Account Protection in Windows Defender