Windows 10: How to enable family child account to install software on their computer without giving...

Discus and support How to enable family child account to install software on their computer without giving... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son is getting older, and I would like to enable him to download and install software (not just the Microsoft Store apps) on his Windows 10 Pro... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CircuitRiderAU, Oct 15, 2019.

1. How to enable family child account to install software on their computer without giving...

My son is getting older, and I would like to enable him to download and install software (not just the Microsoft Store apps) on his Windows 10 Pro computer without giving him administrative privileges.

The primary reason for not wanting him to have administrative privileges is that he knows how to stop and disable the Parent Control service, thus rendering the access controls to restrict his hours useless.

Years ago you could grant limited privileges to power users to be able to perform this function.

:)

CircuitRiderAU, Oct 15, 2019

2. See Devices Connected to Child Account from Microsoft Family website

How to See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member

One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to family features and settings. It's a free service that helps families stay connected and keeps kids safer on Windows 10, Xbox One devices, and Android devices running Microsoft Launcher. Youll find settings like activity reporting, screen time limits, location sharing, and content filters, where you can also track kids spending and add money to their Microsoft accounts.

A Microsoft family group is separate from other Microsoft apps and programs. You can sign up with your email account. If you already use Skype, youll have a family chat set up and waiting for you once you create your family group. If you dont already have Skype, get more information and sign up to create an account for your family.

Once you set up your family group, you can add or remove child and adult members.

A Microsoft account is what you use to sign in to Microsoft services such as outlook.com (or Hotmail), Office, OneDrive, Skype, Xbox, Windows, and more. It makes your experiences on devices and services more personal and relevant to you.

Any device (ex: PC, phone, tablet, laptop, Xbox, etc...) that you signed in to with your Microsoft account will be associated (connected) with your Microsoft account, and listed under "remove the device.

As an adult in your Microsoft family group, you can see all devices connected to your child's account.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to see all devices connected to the Microsoft account of a child member in your Microsoft family group.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: See Devices Connected to Child Account from Microsoft Family website
    • Option Two: See Devices Connected to Child Account from your Microsoft Account Devices webpage

How to enable family child account to install software on their computer without giving... [​IMG]
    OPTION ONE
    How to enable family child account to install software on their computer without giving... [​IMG]
    See Devices Connected to Child Account from Microsoft Family website
    1. Do step 2 or step 3 below for how you would like to manage your family settings online.

2. As an adult in the family, go to the Microsoft Family website, sign in with your Microsoft account if not already, and go to step 4 below.

3. Open Settings in Windows 10, click/tap on the Accounts icon, click/tap on Family & other users on the left side, click/tap on the Manage family settings online link, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on the See devices link for the child member you want to see all devices connected to their account. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO
    See Devices Connected to Child Account from your Microsoft Account Devices webpage
    1. As an adult in the family, go to the Microsoft Account devices webpage, and sign in with your Microsoft account if not already.

2. Select your child's account in the Device view drop down list. (see screenshot below)

3. You will now see all devices connected to your child's Microsoft account. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

How to enable family child account to install software on their computer without giving...

Problems adding a child on the family account

Hello,

We're here to help.

You might be facing this issue due to the account is not configured properly.
    Kindly refer to the steps below on how to reconfigure your
    Family Safety feature for your Windows 10 device.

To remove a child

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.

To add a child to your family

• Sign in at
      account.microsoft.com/family
    • If this is your first time setting up a family, select Add a child.

If you've already added child accounts to your family, go to Select a child to view or edit their settings and then select
      Add.
    • Enter your child's email address and select Send invite. If your child doesn't have an email address, select
      Create a new email address for your child and follow the instructions on the screen.

Your child will need to accept the invite from their email.

Do note, you need to accept the email invitation from a device with the Child account currently logged in.

Let us know how it goes and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

How to enable family child account to install software on their computer without giving...

1. How to enable family child account to install software on their computer without giving... - Similar Threads - enable family child

2. Family Safety: Installing software as the parent/admin into the child/standard account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety: Installing software as the parent/admin into the child/standard account?: Hello! I've set up Family Safety. My child has a standard account in Windows 11 Pro, I have the admin account. How does one install software onto the child's account when Family Safety is turned on? I had to change his account to an admin account, restart, then install...
  3. Family Safety: Installing software as the parent/admin into the child/standard account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety: Installing software as the parent/admin into the child/standard account?: Hello! I've set up Family Safety. My child has a standard account in Windows 11 Pro, I have the admin account. How does one install software onto the child's account when Family Safety is turned on? I had to change his account to an admin account, restart, then install...
  4. How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family: Hi,My child user account takes 40% of the disk space of one of my laptop, I want to remove this child's user account and all the data from this laptop but NOT from my Microsoft family.When I go to Settings> Family& Other accounts , the only options for the family members is...
  5. How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family: Hi,My child user account takes 40% of the disk space of one of my laptop, I want to remove this child's user account and all the data from this laptop but NOT from my Microsoft family.When I go to Settings> Family& Other accounts , the only options for the family members is...
  6. How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family

7. Child account without link to family account

Child account without link to family account: My child's microsoft account has been "orphaned" - there is no link to a family. Because of this, she cannot change settings to her account. In the forum, it is advised to unlink from her existing family administrator and then add her to my family. This is not possible, as we...
  8. Child account without link to family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child account without link to family account: My child's microsoft account has been "orphaned" - there is no link to a family. Because of this, she cannot change settings to her account. In the forum, it is advised to unlink from her existing family administrator and then add her to my family. This is not possible, as we...
  9. Child account without link to family account

10. How to enable family child account to install software on their computer without giving...

How to enable family child account to install software on their computer without giving...: My son is getting older, and I would like to enable him to download and install software not just the Microsoft Store apps on his Windows 10 Pro computer without giving him administrative privileges. [ATTACH] The primary reason for not wanting him to have administrative...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windowsphone com family on their computer