Windows 10: Taskbar not showing while alt-tabbed with multiple monitors

Discus and support Taskbar not showing while alt-tabbed with multiple monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm running two monitors, monitor A is my main monitor, and monitor B is my secondary i use for videos and everything while gaming. When I have a game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LAK770, Oct 27, 2019.

1. LAK770 Win User

Taskbar not showing while alt-tabbed with multiple monitors

I'm running two monitors, monitor A is my main monitor, and monitor B is my secondary i use for videos and everything while gaming. When I have a game on monitor A and I alt+tab out to a window on my second monitor, the taskbar doesn't show up. It's the same when i click off my game on monitor A to monitor B. In windows 7 whenever I did this the taskbar would show up, but now unless i specifically alt+tab to a window on monitor A taskbar will not show up. Doesn't anyone know a registry or way to make it so i don't have to keep going to windows on monitor A to make the taskbar show up.

:)

LAK770, Oct 27, 2019

2. [Windows 10] Taskbar when alt-tabing

Thanks for the feedback, SlyJacob. By the way, have you enabled taskbar to show on both displays? If not, then please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows key and select Settings.
    • Click Personalization, then select Taskbar.
    • Under Multiple displays, toggle On Show taskbar on all displays.

Try pressing Alt+tab again and let us know if the taskbar also appears on the other monitor.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 27, 2019
  3. How to auto-hide taskbar of the second monitor keeping unhide in the primary monitor?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to auto-hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

Steps:

1. Right click on the taskbar and select
    Properties.

2. In the Taskbar tab under
    Multiple displays, Uncheck the Show taskbar on all displays box.

3. Click on Apply
    and Ok.

This will display the taskbar only on the primary monitor.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Taskbar not showing while alt-tabbed with multiple monitors

Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Settings

How to Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10

*note If you have multiple Microsoft Edge windows in a Set, only the one most recently accessed will be visible in Alt+Tab.

This tutorial will show you how to show the most recently used Windows only or Windows and tabs when pressing Alt+Tab for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab using a REG file
    EXAMPLE: Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab

Taskbar not showing while alt-tabbed with multiple monitors [​IMG]

OPTION ONE
    Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Settings

*note Tabs in apps will need to be turned on to be able to do this option.
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Multitasking on the left side, select Windows only or Windows and tabs (default) for what you want in the Pressing Alt+Tab shows the most recently used drop menu under Sets on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO
    Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab using a REG file

*note Tabs in apps will need to be turned on to be able to do this option.

The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

AltTabExcludeInactiveTabs DWORD

0 = Windows and tabs
    1 = Windows only

1. Do step 2 (Windows and tabs) or step 3 (Windows only) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Show most recently used "Windows and tabs" when pressing Alt+Tab
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Alt+Tab_shows_Windows_and_tabs.reg

3. To Show most recently used "Windows only" when pressing Alt+Tab
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Alt+Tab_shows_Windows_only.reg

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar not showing while alt-tabbed with multiple monitors

1. Taskbar not showing while alt-tabbed with multiple monitors - Similar Threads - Taskbar showing while

2. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  3. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  4. Multiple Chrome Instances Showing Up in ALT + TAB window.

Multiple Chrome Instances Showing Up in ALT + TAB window.: Getting multiple instances of chrome in ALT + TAB. This issue usually occurs after using Full Screen. The windows instance still stays there even after it is closed. Version: Windows 11 Version 21H2 OS Build 22000.856Thank you,...
  5. no option to show taskbar on multiple monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no option to show taskbar on multiple monitor: Hi, I just freshly reinstall Win 11 because I ran into some problem. And while I config things around I notice there is no option to show taskbar on my second monitor....
  6. no option to show taskbar on multiple monitor

no option to show taskbar on multiple monitor: Hi, I just freshly reinstall Win 11 because I ran into some problem. And while I config things around I notice there is no option to show taskbar on my second monitor....
  7. TaskBar show when I use alt+tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    TaskBar show when I use alt+tab: Hi. I re-intalled my Windows 10 home yesterday, and when i use alt+tab i see my taskbar in there. When i try to close this window, i got this message: [ATTACH] That what i see in my task bar: [ATTACH] Please help me to fix it. Thanks....
  8. Taskbar showing up on Alt+Tab screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar showing up on Alt+Tab screen: My taskbar started showing up on the alt+tab screen yesterday. It shows like a sort of app but when you switch to it, nothing happens. I tried to click X in hope of closing it, but it instead shows the Shut Down Windows dialogue. I plugged in a flash drive from my friend...
  9. Show only the current monitor's windows in Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Show only the current monitor's windows in Alt+Tab: I have my laptop plugged in to my external monitor and I pin a window on my laptop just to glance at my calendar. As a result, I do not want it to show up when I Alt+Tab. Instead, I only want the windows on my external monitor to show up when I Alt+Tab. At the moment, windows...
  10. How to make alt tab show up on multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make alt tab show up on multiple monitors: I recently bought a 2nd monitor and i noticed that by default the alt tab menu only shows up on the primary monitor and not the 2nd. very inconvenient because i do a lot of gaming on the 1st monitor so most of my alt tabbing happens on the 2nd monitor. I discovered display...