Windows 10: Windows 10 - Inking & Typing personalization toggle UI to off cmd

Discus and support Windows 10 - Inking & Typing personalization toggle UI to off cmd in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro x64 1903 Settings > Privacy > Inking & Typing personalization "Use your typing history and handwriting patterns to create a local user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bangaio, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Bangaio Win User

Windows 10 - Inking & Typing personalization toggle UI to off cmd

Windows 10 Pro x64 1903

Settings > Privacy > Inking & Typing personalization
    "Use your typing history and handwriting patterns to create a local user dictionary that makes better suggestions for you"

How do I programmatically set it to Off, while impacting in the UI?

I set the following registry keys, but the toggle remains at "On":
    Code:
    I used ProcessMonitor and RegShot to check the registry values that are set or changed, but I can't find any relevant ones other than those.
    Logging off/rebooting doesn't make a difference.
    Tried deleting the folder in "%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Spelling" just in case but it made no difference either.

:)

Bangaio, Nov 8, 2019

2. Turn On or Off "Getting to know you" for Inking & Typing Personalization in Settings

How to Turn On or Off Getting to know you for Inking & Typing Personalization in Windows 10

When the user dictionary for you that is used to make better typing suggestions and improve handwriting recognition for each of the languages you use.

When dictionary will be cleared. Typing suggestions and handwriting recognition using the system dictionary will continue to work.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off Getting to know you for a inking & typing personalization for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off "Getting to know you" for Inking & Typing Personalization in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off "Getting to know you" for Inking & Typing Personalization using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Local user dictionary created by "Getting to know you"

Windows 10 - Inking & Typing personalization toggle UI to off cmd [​IMG]

OPTION ONE
    Turn On or Off "Getting to know you" for Inking & Typing Personalization in Settings

*note Starting with Settings > Privacy > Speech and Settings > Privacy > Inking & typing personalization.

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Privacy icon.

2. Click/tap on Inking & typing personalization on the left side, and turn on (default) or off Getting to know you for what you want on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO
    Turn On or Off "Getting to know you" for Inking & Typing Personalization using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD values in the registry keys below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\InputPersonalization

RestrictImplicitInkCollection DWORD
    RestrictImplicitTextCollection DWORD

0 = On
    1 = Off

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\InputPersonalization\TrainedDataStore

HarvestContacts DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Personalization\Settings

AcceptedPrivacyPolicy DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On "Getting to know you" for Inking & Typing Personalization
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Getting_to_know_you_for_inking_and_typing_personalization.reg

3. To Turn Off "Getting to know you" for Inking & Typing Personalization
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Getting_to_know_you_for_inking_and_typing_personalization.reg

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Suman_B Win User
    Individualised typing shortcuts

Hi JacobusR,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Are you trying to configure typing shortcut in any particular application?

This issue may occur due to turning off Inking & typing personalization.

I suggest you to try the following methods and check:

Method 1: Turn on Inking & typing personalization.

To turn on Inking & typing personalization and clear the local user dictionary.

1. Go to Start , then select Settings  >
      Privacy > Inking & typing personalization.
    2. Under Getting to know you, switch the setting to
      On

Suggest you to refer this article about Speech,
    inking, typing, and privacy.

Method 2: Turn on Text suggestions.

Right click on Start > Settings > Typing > Hardware Keyboard > Turn on Show text suggestions as I type.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - Inking & Typing personalization toggle UI to off cmd

To Turn On or Off Improve Inking & Typing Recognition Windows Setup

How to Turn On or Off Improve Inking & Typing Recognition in Windows 10

Starting with Windows 10 build 17115, Windows 10 has gotten a new privacy screen settings layout.

Users can turn on or off to send inking and typing data to Microsoft to improve the language recognition and suggestion capabilities of apps and services running on Windows 10 such as handwriting recognition, autocompletion, next word prediction and spelling correction in the many languages used by Windows customers.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off the improve inking & typing recognition privacy setting for your account or all accounts in Windows 10.

*Warning If you set Diagnostic data to Basic instead of Full, it will prevent inking and typing data from being sent to Microsoft.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Improve Inking & Typing Recognition during Windows Setup
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Improve Inking & Typing Recognition for Current User in Settings
    • Option Three: To Turn On or Off Improve Inking & Typing Recognition for Current User using a REG file
    • Option Four: To Enable or Disable Improve Inking & Typing Recognition for All Users in Local Group Policy
    • Option Five: To Enable or Disable Improve Inking & Typing Recognition for All Users using a REG file

OPTION ONE
    To Turn On or Off Improve Inking & Typing Recognition Windows Setup
    1. When you get to Choose privacy settings for your device during Windows Setup while doing a clean install of Windows 10, you can turn on (default) or off the Inking & typing privacy setting for what you want. (see screenshots below)

OPTION TWO
    To Turn On or Off Improve Inking & Typing Recognition for Current User in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Privacy icon.

2. Click/tap on Diagnostics & Feedback on the left side, and turn on (default) of off Improve inking & typing recognition on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION THREE
    To Turn On or Off Improve Inking & Typing Recognition for Current User using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Input\TIPC

Enabled DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Improve Inking & Typing Recognition

Turn_ON_improve_inking_and_typing_recognition.reg

3. To Turn Off Improve Inking & Typing Recognition

Turn_OFF_improve_inking_and_typing_recognition.reg

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

OPTION FOUR
    To Enable or Disable Improve Inking & Typing Recognition for All Users in Local Group Policy

*note You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do this option.

This option is only available starting with Windows 10 version 1803.

If disabled, this option will override Option Two and Option Three.

The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education Option Five to set this policy using a REG file instead.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Text Input

3. In the right pane of Text Input in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Improve inking and typing recognition policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Improve Inking & Typing Recognition for All Users
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured[/B] is the default setting.

6. To Disable Improve Inking & Typing Recognition for All Users
    A) Select (dot) Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION FIVE
    To Enable or Disable Improve Inking & Typing Recognition for All Users using a REG file

*note You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do this option.

This option is only available starting with Windows 10 version 1803.

If disabled, this option will override Option Two and Option Three.

The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\TextInput

AllowLinguisticDataCollection DWORD

(delete) = Enable
    0 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Improve Inking & Typing Recognition for All Users

Enable_Improve_inking_and_typing_recognition.reg

3. To Disable Improve Inking & Typing Recognition for All Users

Disable_Improve_inking_and_typing_recognition.reg

7. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - Inking & Typing personalization toggle UI to off cmd

1. Windows 10 - Inking & Typing personalization toggle UI to off cmd - Similar Threads - Inking Typing personalization

2. Inking and Typing data settings - Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Inking and Typing data settings - Windows 10: In the version of Windows 10 i'm using, there are 2 seperate 'inking and typing' options - one under Privacy/ Diagnostics and Feedback and one underPrivacy/ Inking & Typing personalisationWhen i initially set up my account, i turned off the first of these the one that appears...
  3. Windows Remove a Misspelt Word Misspelling from Personal Dictionary Inking & typing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Remove a Misspelt Word Misspelling from Personal Dictionary Inking & typing...: Hi guysI can seem to find a way to remove a misspelling / misspelled word from my 'personal dictionary' in Windows 10. In Window 10 setting Inking & typing personalisation I have the 'getting to know you' setting turned on and I can tap / click on 'View your personal...
  4. Inking & Typing Personalization - Personal Dictionary Unique Per Computer, or Follows Account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inking & Typing Personalization - Personal Dictionary Unique Per Computer, or Follows Account?: Something I haven't been able to find a clear answer on is whether the personal dictionary, part of the Windows 10 Inking & Typing Personalization, is unique for each computer that an account is signed in to, or if it follows the corresponding account to each computer. If I...
  5. Inking & Typing Personalization - Personal Dictionary Unique Per Computer, or Follows Account?

Inking & Typing Personalization - Personal Dictionary Unique Per Computer, or Follows Account?: Something I haven't been able to find a clear answer on is whether the personal dictionary, part of the Windows 10 Inking & Typing Personalization, is unique for each computer that an account is signed in to, or if it follows the corresponding account to each computer. If I...
  6. Inking & Typing Personalization - Personal Dictionary Unique Per Computer, or Follows Account?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Inking,typing.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Inking,typing.: At full diagnostic settings does inking and typing data send screenshot to microsoft or 3rd party ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inkingtyping/36f4f597-ece1-423a-88bc-4e520e215528"
  8. In Inking & Typing Personalization how do I edit the personal dictionary?

In Inking & Typing Personalization how do I edit the personal dictionary?: My Personal Dictionary has several misprints that I would like to delete. How do I edit the Personal Dictionary? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-inking-typing-personalization-how-do-i-edit-the/9835957e-aca9-4feb-8257-96a040308c47
  9. Turn On or Off Inking & Typing Personalization in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Inking & Typing Personalization in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Inking & Typing Personalization in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Getting to know you for Inking & Typing Personalization in Windows 10 When the user dictionary for you that is used to make better typing suggestions and improve handwriting...
  10. Turn On or Off Improve Inking & Typing Recognition in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Improve Inking & Typing Recognition in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Improve Inking & Typing Recognition in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Improve Inking & Typing Recognition in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17115, Windows 10 has gotten a new privacy screen settings layout. Users can turn on or off...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. diable inking and personalization in group policy

2. your current diagnostic data setting prevents inking and typing data from being sent to microsoft