Windows 10: Add Create Restore Point Context Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Add Create Restore Point Context Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add Create Restore Point Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information system restore that takes your PC back to an earlier point in time,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Pietprof, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Pietprof Win User

Add Create Restore Point Context Menu in Windows 10

How to: Add Create Restore Point Context Menu in Windows 10

Add Create Restore Point Context Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information system restore that takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. This can be handy if your PC isn't working well and you recently installed an app, driver, or update.

Each restore point contains the necessary information needed to restore the system to the chosen state. Restore points are automatically generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and generated when you Restoring won’t affect your personal files in your %UserProfile% folder, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was created.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove a Create Restore Point context menu for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to add and use the Create Restore Point context menu.

Note System protection must be turned on for at least your Windows drive (ex: C: ) for this added "Create Restore Point" context menu to work.

If you have Windows booted in Safe Mode, then you will not be able to create a restore point.

Tip How to use Create Restore Point context menu:

1) Right click or press and hold on your desktop or in an opened folder in File Explorer, and click/tap on the Create Restore Point context menu item.

2) Click/tap on Yes when prompted by UAC.

3) You will now see a command prompt open to create a "Manual" system restore point, and automatically close when finished.

EXAMPLE: "Create Restore Point" context menu

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Create Restore Point" to Context Menu
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Create_Restore_Point_to_context_menu.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Create Restore Point" from Context Menu
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Create_Restore_Point_from_context_menu.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Pietprof, Aug 21, 2015
  2. Gerry C J Cornell, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Bruce Hagen, Aug 21, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 21, 2015
  5. Pietprof Win User
    Hello Shawn, Thank you very much for your quick and adequate reply. I remember now again how i did it the first time. I could not find anymore the startup files in w8 and w10. But it works perfect again now. The reason I need this : w7 destroys the restore points of w8 and w10 in a multiboot setup. I need still w8 and w7, due to a sophisticated Flightsimulator settng in w7 and Canon software that does not work correctly in w10. Thanks for your advice, it did help really.

Pietprof, Aug 22, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Pietprof. I'm glad it could help. *Smile

Brink, Aug 22, 2015
  7. Jansi Win User
    Hello Brink,
    The Windows 7 VBS script for creating scheduled system restore point contains code for Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8. NOT for Windows 10.
    That’s why I assume it does’nt work in Windows 10
    An updated vbs-script for Windows 10 would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jansi, Aug 24, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Jansi, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

That tutorial has been updated. Please try now.

Brink, Aug 25, 2015
  9. mrgeek Win User
    The Option 2 Remove bat is not working. I finished Step 3 (run as admin) and blank cmd window opens. Item still in context menu.

mrgeek, Aug 25, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Mrgeek, *Smile

Odd, it's still working for me. You might give it a try one more time in case something interfered the fist time.

If not, then here's a .reg file below to do the same instead. It won't remove the .vbs file like the .bat in OPTION TWO though.

Remove_Create_Restore_Point_from_Context_Menu.reg

Brink, Aug 25, 2015
  11. mrgeek Win User
    Thanks, the reg file worked perfectly. I downloaded the orig 'remove' cmd a while back and again today, when I saw you updated the tutorial but neither worked for me. I put the vbs on desktop because I like to create my own frequently. Thanks, as always

mrgeek, Aug 25, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Aug 25, 2015
  13. Jansi Win User

Shawn, thanks for the update.
    vbs-script works fine now, the scheduled task didn't.
    Had to make an adjustment in the scheduled task tutorial
    In the "Action" tab, the program/script commandline changed to C:\Windows\System32\wscript.exe with the vbs-script in the "arguments" box.

Jansi, Aug 25, 2015
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Thank you Jansi. *Smile

Brink, Aug 25, 2015
  15. mojo53 Win User
    Hi Brink
    Thanks for the tutorial very quick and easy as i use system restore a lot.

mojo53, Sep 26, 2016
Thema:

1. Add Create Restore Point Context Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Create Restore

2. creating a restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    creating a restore point: creating a restore point https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-restore-point/9c1f81c1-0eb2-4663-861f-edef4d87fa44
  3. How to add Create Restore Point item to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Create Restore Point item to Context Menu in Windows 10: System Protection is a feature that allows PC users to perform a system restore where you select an earlier point in time, called a system restore point that your system reverts to, in the event your PC isn’t working well and you recently installed an app, driver, or update....
  4. No restore point created (Windows 10)?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    No restore point created (Windows 10)?: Hello, Since I have FPS drops in Valorant, I watched a video of the Yter Panjno, he created his own register files where he optimized the FPS, now I have all files for FPS Boost also Reg files saved, unfortunately after a test it was even worse than before and I wanted to...
  5. Windows 10 will not create restore points.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 will not create restore points.: System protection for the drive C: is turned on. The drive has been configured. The drive's allotment is at 30%. I click to set a restore point, which works: It goes through the process and, then, tells me that a restore point has been created. However, when I click...
  6. Create a restore point.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create a restore point.: Hi there! Does anyone know what the problem is! Attached are 2 images. Unfortunately, the text is in Swedish. With best regards, R. T [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-restore-point/5c93a9c2-7f27-4cad-916b-cc10e0a3abd7
  7. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...
  8. Add or Remove Create a New Video context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Create a New Video context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Create a New Video context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Create a New Video context menu in Windows 10 The Photos UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app is included by default in Windows 10. While the Photos app is set as the default app...
  9. Library Restore Settings - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Library Restore Settings - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Library Restore Settings - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Restore Settings to Context Menu of Libraries in Windows 10 [img] Information default save location and public save location for the library. You can add a Restore settings context menu...
  10. Add Windows Backup and Restore context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Windows Backup and Restore context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Windows Backup and Restore context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove a Windows Backup and Restore context menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The Backup and Restore (Windows 7) feature in Windows 10 will allow you to select to let Windows choose or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add restore to context menu windows 10