Windows 10: Display Last Sign-in Information during User Sign-in in Windows 10

Discus and support Display Last Sign-in Information during User Sign-in in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Display Last Sign-in Information during User Sign-in in Windows 10 [img] Information You can control whether or not the system displays... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Display Last Sign-in Information during User Sign-in in Windows 10

How to: Display Last Sign-in Information during User Sign-in in Windows 10

Display Last Sign-in Information during User Sign-in in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information You can control whether or not the system displays information about previous sign-ins and sign-in failures to the user.

For local accounts and domain user accounts (in domains of at least a Windows Server 2008 functional level), if you enable this setting, a message appears after the user signs in that displays the date and time of the last successful sign-in by that user, the date and time of the last unsuccessful sign-in attempted with that user name, and the number of unsuccessful sign-ins since the last successful sign-in by that user. The user will need to click/tap on OK in this message before the user is presented with their desktop.

The system will not display last sign-in information for Microsoft accounts on the PC.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable to display information about previous logons during logon of local and domain users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable to display last sign-in information during sign-in.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Enable or Disable Display Last Sign-in Information during User Sign-in using Group Policy
    • Option Two: To Enable or Disable Display Last Sign-in Information during User Sign-in using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Display last sign-in information during user sign-in

OPTION ONE [/i] To Enable or Disable Display Last Sign-in Information during User Sign-in using Group Policy

Note Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two below.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of local group policy editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Logon Options

3. In the right pane of Windows Logon Options in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Display information about previous logons during user logon policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Display Last Sign-in Information during User Sign-in
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

6. To Disable Display Last Sign-in Information during User Sign-in
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

Note: Not Configured is the default setting.

7. Close the local group policy editor.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Enable or Disable Display Last Sign-in Information during User Sign-in using a REG file

Note The .reg files below will add and modify the dword value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

DisplayLastLogonInfo DWORD

(delete) = Disable
    1 = Enable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Display Last Sign-in Information during User Sign-in
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Display_Last_sign-in_Info.reg

Download

3. To Disable Display Last Sign-in Information during User Sign-in
    Note: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Display_Last_sign-in_Info.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 7, 2015

2. How to make Windows 10 login Screen display users that are signed in

1. Press the Windows logo key + R simultaneously to open the Run box. Type cmd and press Enter.
    2. When the Command Prompt window opens, type query user and press Enter. It will list all users that are currently logged on your computer.

RainbowPride, Oct 26, 2019
  3. mmortal03 Win User
    Do Not Display Last Signed-in User Name on Windows 10 Sign-in  

I noticed that when doing this, the sign-in screen's background no longer respects the setting of the previous user. Instead, it uses whatever is set by the hidden administrator account. Luckily, TenForums also provides steps for how to login to this account: Administrator account - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Edit: Nope, this only worked temporarily. It either switched back to a default Spotlight photo after making the administrator account inactive again, or simply changed it back to a Spotlight photo for some other reason.

Does anyone know how to properly change the sign-in screen background color/picture (not the lock screen) when not displaying the user name?

mmortal03, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

I want Windows 10 Sign-in Screen to show which users are signed in

Windows 10 changes a lot. To see currently logged on users, you can click on the Start button, click your user icon on the top left side of the Start Menu. It will display all signed in users in the list.

Vesao, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Liberty Win User
    I want Windows 10 Sign-in Screen to show which users are signed in

Thank you for trying to help, but as stated in my post, "If you are already signed into an account, then you can look and see which users (if any) are signed in and there is no guesswork needed." This can be done as you described or (I think) through the Users tab in Task Manager.

The problem is knowing which users are signed in when you are at the Sign-in Screen. Windows 8.x used to say below a user's picture and name "Signed in". Windows 10 does not. If a signed in user Locks their account or if the PC is put/goes to Sleep or Hibernation and then you come along and want to restart or shutdown from the Sign-in Screen. In that case, Windows 10 tells you other users are signed in, but you have no way of knowing which users are signed in without first signing into one of the accounts.

Liberty, Oct 26, 2019
  6. VenDavid Win User
    Other user not displaying on sign on screen.

I upgraded to Windows 10 more than a year and created a me as an Admin and my wife as a standard user. It works well until last weekend and she could not find her user sign on. When I logout or sleep there is no option for her to switch user. It always default to
    my sign on display. I went to user account setting and she is listed as a standard user. Can someone help me find a solution for this issue?

VenDavid, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Display Last Sign-in Information during User Sign-in in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Display Last Sign

2. User sign out/sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User sign out/sign in: Do i need to sign out every time from one user to another? What if i keep both of them signed in? I need to sign out,only if the computer is running slow because both of em are using ram?...
  3. User sign out/sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User sign out/sign in: Do i need to sign out every time from one user to another? What if i keep both of them signed in? I need to sign out,only if the computer is running slow because both of em are using ram?...
  4. User Signing In

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Signing In: Hello House, Please what is the resolution to this following message that pop up at start up Any assistance will be highly appreciated. Regards. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-signing-in/8cefb4ed-f035-4dfe-91d9-250e3207ab9b
  5. How to automatically sign in to last user in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to automatically sign in to last user in Windows 10: So in my laptop, i have 2 user. One is administrator, and another is standard user. When sign in, im always go to the second account standard user, even though the last opened user is administrator. How do i change it so the last user automatically sign in?...
  6. Creating User without sign in information

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating User without sign in information: I am trying to create a new Administrator user in my laptop. I do not have the sign in information thus i clicked I don't have this persons sign in informations. When i clicked on it, the message came as Something went wrong. [ATTACH] What am i suppose to do now? I...
  7. PIN Windows User Account setup, but not accessible during sign-in

PIN Windows User Account setup, but not accessible during sign-in: I have a PIN setup to use for my sign-in, but cannot get Sign-in screen to ask for it. I keeps asking for my Windows 10 user account password instead of PIN. I can get in, but I had wanted to use the PIN method. Anyone have an idea what I still need to do, to accomplish...
  8. Windows 10-----sign in and users

Windows 10-----sign in and users: I recently purchased a new Acer Aspire 1 laptop with windows 10 Home. This my 1st PC with win 10 home. With win 10 home, do you have to have a Microsoft account to sign into the computer/laptop? Or can you create local user accounts? I have win 10 pro on another...
  9. How to make Windows 10 login Screen display users that are signed in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to make Windows 10 login Screen display users that are signed in: Hi All, In good old Windows 7 you could see who was currently signed in on a computer with multiple users. This was displayed on the login Screen. (see screenshot) [img] But in Windows 10 you can only see the multiple users but not which one is signed in. Which is annoying...
  10. Do Not Display Last Signed-in User Name on Windows 10 Sign-in

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Do Not Display Last Signed-in User Name on Windows 10 Sign-in: How to: Do Not Display Last Signed-in User Name on Windows 10 Sign-in How to Do Not Display Last Signed-in User Name on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 Windows 10 has a new sign in screen that is more modern and touch friendly. By default, you need to dismiss the sign in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows last login