Windows 10: clearing search history not clearing

Discus and support clearing search history not clearing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have tried the *** under history I still have search data. I have tried logging onto Microsoft to clear but the history still remains How do I clear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidYazak1, Oct 11, 2019.

1. clearing search history not clearing

I have tried the *** under history I still have search data. I have tried logging onto Microsoft to clear but the history still remains How do I clear this search history and keep it from storing?

:)

DavidYazak1, Oct 11, 2019
  2. acomic Win User

File explorer search history is not clearing

Hi

I have gone through all the steps in the following thread, but my file search history is not clearing or updating. Search terms clear, but the old search reappears with deleted files on it.

Search History in File Explorer - Clear in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Any help would be appreciated.

acomic, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Clearing history on my search page

Hello,

Do you want to clear the search history in File Explorer or Microsoft Edge? If you want to clear the search history in File Explorer, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer, click on the View tab, and click on
      Options in the ribbon.
    • Select Change folder and search options.
    • In the General tab, under Privacy, click on the
      Clear button for Clear File Explorer history.

If you want to delete the search history in Edge, you may refer to the following link: View and delete browser history in
    Microsoft Edge

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Oct 11, 2019
  4. clearing search history not clearing

Clear Your Search History for On-device Searches in Windows 10  

How to Clear Your Search History for On-device Searches in Windows 10

taskbar to find help, apps, files, settingsyou name it. You can also get quick answers from the weblike weather, stock prices, currency conversion, and much moreand get to websites faster by using links in the preview pane.

Cortana and Search has been separated starting with Windows 10 version 1903.

Microsoft account.

Search activity appears only if you:
    • Search from Bing, and are signed in to Bing with your Microsoft account—though you can still view your search activity on the Bing.com Search History page.
    • Land on Bing pages when you search from Cortana. Search activity doesn't appear if you search from the Cortana app on a phone that uses an iOS or Android operating system.
    See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to clear your search history on Bing.com used to improve on-device searches for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (direct) or step 3 (Settings) for how you want to open the Bing.com Search History page.

2. Open your web browser, go to the step 4 below.

OR

3. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Search icon. (see screenshot below)
    A) Click/tap on Permissions & History on the left side.

B) Click/tap on the Search history settings link under My search history on the right side. (see screenshot below)

C) Go to step 4 below.

clearing search history not clearing [​IMG]

4. Click/tap on the View and delete search history button on the Bing.com Search History page. (see screenshot below)

5. Sign in to your Microsoft account to verify. (see screenshot below)

6. Do step 7 (specific) or step 8 (all) for the search history you want to clear.

7. To Clear Specific Search History
    A) Click/tap on the Clear link for each specific search history item listed you want to clear. (see screenshot below)

*note The View details link will provide more information about a search history item to help determine if you want to clear it or not.

8. To Clear All Your Search History
    A) Click/tap on the Clear activity link above the search history items. (see screenshot below)

B) Click/tap on Clear to confirm. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

clearing search history not clearing

1. clearing search history not clearing - Similar Threads - clearing search history

2. Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history: In Windows 11 Enterprise Edition when going to:Win+EThree DotsOptionsTab "General"Section "Privacy"Button "Clear"The expectation is that using the Clear button will erase all File Explorer History. However when pressing the Clear button nothing is being erased and all files...
  3. Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history: In Windows 11 Enterprise Edition when going to:Win+EThree DotsOptionsTab "General"Section "Privacy"Button "Clear"The expectation is that using the Clear button will erase all File Explorer History. However when pressing the Clear button nothing is being erased and all files...
  4. clear history search \ windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    clear history search \ windows 10 not working: Hello It is here in the photo clear search device history Not working it seems to me as if it was disabled ! Is not there another way to delete the history search in windows 10 ?The way shown in the photo below is not working I tried it more than hundred time and every time I...
  5. clear history search \ windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clear history search \ windows 10 not working: Hello It is here in the photo clear search device history Not working it seems to me as if it was disabled ! Is not there another way to delete the history search in windows 10 ?The way shown in the photo below is not working I tried it more than hundred time and every time I...
  6. clear history search \ windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    clear history search \ windows 10 not working: Hello It is here in the photo clear search device history Not working it seems to me as if it was disabled ! Is there another way to delete the history search in windows 10 The way shown in the photo below is not working I tried it than hundred time and every time I write...
  7. Clear Search History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clear Search History: I don't mean Bing or Google. I refer to the word search from within File History. In the upper right corner. As I remember, I used to be able to hover over an item in the drop down list and hit the Delete key....
  8. Clear web history

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clear web history: How do I completely clear the web browsing history on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-web-history/eb2401c4-163d-44bb-9cc9-771151d26339
  9. Clearing Your Browser Search History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clearing Your Browser Search History: I followed all Clearing Your Browser History procedures to the point of clicking on the Delete prompt. Rather than delete / clear anything a yellow highlight bar appeared with the statement "Something Went Wrong On Our End. Please Try Again!" For two days, every few hours...
  10. File explorer search history is not clearing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File explorer search history is not clearing: Hi I have gone through all the steps in the following thread, but my file search history is not clearing or updating. Search terms clear, but the old search reappears with deleted files on it. Search History in File Explorer - Clear in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums...