Windows 10: Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10 Timeline is now available in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10

Timeline is now available in Windows 10 starting with build 17063.

It can be difficult to get back to stuff you were working on in the past. You might sometimes forget which site or app you were using or where you saved a file. Now you can finally close apps without worryingwith Timeline, you can get right back to where you left off.

Timeline introduces a new way to resume past Task View, allowing you to switch between currently running apps and past activities.

In Timeline, a user activity is the combination of a specific app and a specific piece of content you were working on at a specific time. Each activity links right back to a webpage, document, article, playlist, or task, saving you time when you want to resume that activity later.

By default, Windows will occasionally show suggestions in your Timeline.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off showing suggestions occasionally in Timeline for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn Off Timeline Suggestions in Timeline
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Settings
    • Option Three: Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Suggestions in Timeline

Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn Off Timeline Suggestions in Timeline
    1. Click/tap on the Task view button on the taskbar. (see screenshot below)

2. Right click or press and hold on a suggestion, and click/tap on either Turn off this suggestion or Turn off all suggestions for what you want. (see screenshots below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Multitasking on the left side, and turn on (default) or off Show suggestions occasionally in Timeline under Timeline on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager

SubscribedContent-353698Enabled DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Timeline Suggestions
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_show_suggestions_in_Timeline.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Timeline Suggestions
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_show_suggestions_in_Timeline.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 29, 2017
  2. akuLTS Win User

How to turn off Timeline?

I just did a fresh install of Win 10 after a drive crashed and now I've got Timeline. It may be that its totaly wonderful but right NOW its getting in the way of my workflow, I'm very busy and I dont to faff about with it just now.

So how do I turn it off?

By which I mean – how do I turn it completely off?

I found this article
    https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/enable-or-disable-timeline-in-windows-10.13678/

and many others.

I've applied all suggestions I can find to turn it off/disable it, but it still lives, at least in part.

For me the biggest problem is that my workflow revolves around a number of desktops. MS pinched the desktops from linux but forgot to nick the shortcuts to go with it. Prior to Timeline clicking task view used to show them directly above the taskbar and
    it was workable. But now they are stuck right up at the top of the screen on top of a huge chunk of space that has been commandeered by the now non-functioning Timeline. This is a pain.

see screenshot attached

I just want it gone for now.

thanks for any suggestions

Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10 dbd8b951-7561-4a97-bfaa-833aaa444bee?upload=true.jpg

akuLTS, Oct 26, 2019
  3. turn off suggestions

Hi,

Try the below steps and check if it helps:

• Go to Settings from Three horizontal dots at top.
    • Click on Advanced Settings.
    • Select View Advanced Settings.
    • Click on Privacy and services.
    • Now Turn the ‘Show search suggestions as I type’.
    Let us know the status.

Vinod Archak, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10

Windows Timeline

So timeline was working up until about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Desktop running windows 10 pro on a domain -not signed into a Microsoft account. It will keep any local stuff and all web activities but anytime I open a file from a mapped drive it never shows in
    the timeline. Any suggestions?

WilliamRichard2, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    New Official Web Activities Chrome Extension for Windows 10 Timeline

Source: Web Activities - Chrome Web Store

See also: Inspired by Insiders - Timeline - Windows Insider

Tip How to Turn On or Off Collect Activities in Windows 10

How to Open and Use Timeline in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Timeline in Microsoft Launcher app on Android Phone

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    New Official Web Activities Chrome Extension for Windows 10 Timeline

Source: Web Activities - Chrome Web Store

See also: Inspired by Insiders - Timeline - Windows Insider

Tip How to Turn On or Off Collect Activities in Windows 10

How to Open and Use Timeline in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Timeline in Microsoft Launcher app on Android Phone

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Timeline

2. Turning off Japanese popup suggestions box on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning off Japanese popup suggestions box on Windows 10?: Hello everyone. I'm encountering a strange feature on Windows 10, using the Microsoft IME Japanese language pack. When playing a computer game, I attempted to input Japanese text. A little suggestions box would popup instead in the top left corner of my screen, with the...
  3. Turn On or Off SwiftKey Suggestions and Autocorrections in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off SwiftKey Suggestions and Autocorrections in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off SwiftKey Suggestions and Autocorrections in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off SwiftKey Suggestions and Autocorrections for Languages in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17692, SwiftKey intelligence is now available. SwiftKey gives you...
  4. Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external hardware keyboard...
  5. Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Showing My People App Suggestions in Windows 10 Starting in My People that you might be interested in as developers work to integrate My People support into their apps. This tutorial...
  6. Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10 Starting with Settings. This content comes in a variety of forms, and can help you discover new features within Settings, or...
  7. Turn On or Off Tip, Trick, and Suggestion Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tip, Trick, and Suggestion Notifications in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Tip, Trick, and Suggestion Notifications in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Tips, Tricks, and Suggestions Notifications about Windows 10 By default, Windows 10 will occasionally show you notifications for helpful tips about using Windows 10....
  8. Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of...
  9. Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you will occasionally see app suggestions on Start such as Candy Crush Soda Saga, Twitter, Minecraft, Flipboard etc... in All Apps on the left side of Start. If you click/tap on...
  10. Turn On or Off App Suggestions in Share flyout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off App Suggestions in Share flyout in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off App Suggestions in Share flyout in Windows 10 [img] Information The Windows sharing experience in Windows 10 allows you to share web pages in Microsoft Edge from installed UWP (Universal Windows Platform) apps such as Mail, Twitter, OneNote, Cortana...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to turn off timeline windows 10 language:en