Windows 10: Clipboard sync across devices - not working

Discus and support Clipboard sync across devices - not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have two Windows 10 laptops that have been confirmed via the settings "Your info" to be both logged in to the same Microsoft user account,. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Martin C Day, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Clipboard sync across devices - not working

I have two Windows 10 laptops that have been confirmed via the settings "Your info" to be both logged in to the same Microsoft user account,.

I have the clipboard settings on both to:

Clipboard history: on

Sync across devices: on

Automatically Sync text that I copy: selected

I have restarted both machines, but when I copy to the clipboard on either they are not being synced to the other.

Clipboard history is working.

Any ideas?

:)

Martin C Day, Oct 11, 2019

2. To Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Settings

How to Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10

Copy paste its something we all do, probably multiple times a day. But what do you do if you need to copy the same few things again and again? How do you copy content across your devices? Starting with Windows 10 build 17666, Microsoft is addressing that and taking the clipboard to the next level simply press Win+V and youll be presented with a brand-new clipboard experience.

Not only can you can paste from the Sets, which means you can access your clipboard across any PC with this build of Windows or higher.

If you turn on sync across devices for your clipboard, Microsoft receives your clipboard data to sync across your devices that you are signed in to with the same clipboard history (Win+V) to sync.

Roamed text on the clipboard is only supported for clipboard content less than 100 kb. Currently, the clipboard history supports plain text, HTML and image less than 1 MB.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18234, the image size limit has been increased from 1MB to 4MB to accommodate the potential size of full screen screenshots taken on a high-DPI devices.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off syncing plain text in the clipboard across devices for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Sync across devices clipboard (Win+V) text

Clipboard sync across devices - not working [​IMG]

Aj-SpD-S0-c

OPTION ONE
    To Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Do step 3 (on) or step 4 (off) below for what you would like to do.

3. To Turn On Clipboard Sync Across Devices
    A) Click/tap on Clipboard on the left side, and turn on Sync across devices on the right side. (see screenshot below)

*note If you are not already, you will need to first sign in with a Microsoft account or work account.

B) Select (dot) Automatically sync text that I copy or Never automatically sync text that I copy for what you want, and go to step 5.

*tip You can click/tap on the Get an app to sync clipboard items to your phone link to be able to send a link to download and install the SwiftKey Keyboard app on your Android phone.

4. To Turn Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on Clipboard on the left side, turn off Sync across devices on the right side, and go to step 5. (see screenshot below)

5. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO
    To Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD values in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Clipboard

EnableCloudClipboard DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

CloudClipboardAutomaticUpload DWORD

0 = Never automatically sync
    1 = Automatically sync

1. Do step 2 (on - auto sync), step 3 (on - never auto sync), or step 4 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Clipboard Sync Across Devices and Automatically Sync
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Turn_ON_Clipboard_sync_across_devices_and_automatically_sync.reg

3. To Turn On Clipboard Sync Across Devices and Never Automatically Sync
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Turn_ON_Clipboard_sync_across_devices_and_never_automatically_sync.reg

4. To Turn Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices

Turn_OFF_Clipboard_sync_across_devices.reg

5. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

6. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

7. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

8. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Local Group Policy Editor

How to Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10

Copy paste its something we all do, probably multiple times a day. But what do you do if you need to copy the same few things again and again? How do you copy content across your devices? Starting with Windows 10 build 17666, Microsoft is addressing that and taking the clipboard to the next level simply press Win+V and youll be presented with a brand-new clipboard experience.

Not only can you can paste from the Sets, which means you can access your clipboard across any PC with this build of Windows or higher.

If you turn on clipboard history (Win+V) to sync.

Roamed text on the clipboard is only supported for clipboard content less than 100 kb. Currently, the clipboard history supports plain text, HTML and image less than 1 MB.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18234, the image size limit has been increased from 1MB to 4MB to accommodate the potential size of full screen screenshots taken on a high-DPI devices.

If needed, you can set a group policy in Windows 10 to allow (enable) or prevent (disable) users from being able to turn on Clipboard sync across devices for their accounts on the PC. This policy setting determines whether Clipboard contents can be synchronized across devices logged in under the same Microsoft account or Azure AD account.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the Clipboard sync across devices feature for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable Clipboard sync across devices.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Clipboard Sync Across Devices enabled and disabled in Settings

OPTION ONE
    Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two below.
    1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of the Local Group Policy Editor, click/tap on to expand Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, System, and OS Policies. (see screenshot below)

3. In the right pane of OS Policies, double click/tap on the Allow Clipboard synchronization across devices policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Clipboard Sync Across Devices for All Users
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices for All Users
    A) Select (dot) Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO
    Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry keys below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

AllowCrossDeviceClipboard DWORD

(delete) = Enable
    0 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Clipboard Sync Across Devices for All Users
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Clipboard_sync_across_devices_for_all_users.reg

3. To Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices for All Users
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Clipboard_sync_across_devices_for_all_users.reg

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 11, 2019
  4. das10 Win User

Clipboard sync across devices - not working

How to see Cloud Clipboard sync working on iPhone?

Sorry, I am not on version 1809 yet, but have a look here to see if it makes any sense.

Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials
    and
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update: How to use cloud clipboard - TechRepublic

" The problem with the feature is that it only really works with Windows 10 devices, so if you have an Android phone or an iPhone, you have no way of accessing your PC’s clipboard from your phone."

Windows 10 Will Soon Sync Your PCs Clipboard With Your Android Phone - Thurrott.com

das10, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Clipboard sync across devices - not working

1. Clipboard sync across devices - not working - Similar Threads - Clipboard sync across

2. the clipboard settings sync across devices don`t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the clipboard settings sync across devices don`t work: I tried to contact support customer service and they cant help me so they told me to post my problem here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-clipboard-settings-sync-across-devices-dont/231df13f-c7df-47ca-b5c9-d0536d83558c
  3. the clipboard settings sync across devices don`t work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the clipboard settings sync across devices don`t work: I tried to contact support customer service and they cant help me so they told me to post my problem here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-clipboard-settings-sync-across-devices-dont/231df13f-c7df-47ca-b5c9-d0536d83558c
  4. OneNote not Syncing across devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote not Syncing across devices: OneNote is not syncing across my devices, I'm connected to wifi. I have allowed ample time, restarted each device, but when I return to OneNote on my tablet where I annotate my notes for school it still has the syncing icon. It's been a couple of days and not being able to...
  5. software sync across devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    software sync across devices: HelloI have 2 laptops, how can I sync the app, subscriptions and software across both of them.for example if I downloads drobox in one laptop, do I have to re downlead it in the second laptop? what I found is , the icons of the apps are found in the second laptop but the...
  6. Enable or disable Clipboard Sync across devices in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or disable Clipboard Sync across devices in Windows 10: [ATTACH]A Windows 10 user can choose to copy images and text from one PC to another with a cloud-based clipboard. One can also pin the […] This article Enable or disable Clipboard Sync across devices in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Clipboard sync not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clipboard sync not working: Under Settings, System, Clipboard, Sync across devices, there is a Sign in hyperlink, but I'm already signed in. I should see "Automatically sync text that I copy" and "Never automatically sync text that I copy." Why are these options missing and why is it displaying "Sign...
  8. Clipboard Sync across devices: Encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clipboard Sync across devices: Encryption: I think, it should be possible to configure an end-to-end encryption for the "Sync across devices" of the clipboard! I think, that is required, at least as an option! Even it may make the first use a little more difficult. Without such an encryption there is too much...
  9. Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 Copy paste its something we all do, probably multiple times a day. But what do you do if you need to copy the same few things...
  10. Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 Copy paste its something we all do, probably multiple times a day. But what do you do if you need to copy the same few things again and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. group policy clipboard accross devices toms

2. using ipad swiftkey to access windows 10 clipboard