Windows 10: What’s new in the Windows 10 Creators Update

Discus and support What’s new in the Windows 10 Creators Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We are excited to announce that today, the Windows 10 Creators Update has started rolling out to Windows 10 customers around the world as a free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

What’s new in the Windows 10 Creators Update

Source: What's new in the Windows 10 Creators Update - Windows Experience Blog

:)

Brink, Apr 10, 2017
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 10, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Apr 10, 2017
  4. Steve C Win User

This is an unbalanced article. What features will be missing like the ability to conveniently set display font sizes without having to resort to REG files?

Steve C, Apr 11, 2017
  5. Yeah lots of talk about fancy features, more potential security problems but nothing about the basics. I want full control of my UI, i decide what font, what size, what colour. what background and such i want not you MS.

Try sorting out the basics first.

JohnMarchant, Apr 12, 2017
  6. Lots of great things added.
    But I do agree that the basics should not be forgotten. Don't destroy what I got to add a toy. Remember my settings so I don't have to go through 2 weeks of work getting my old setting back to where I had them.
    I would also like to have the ability to pick and choose which neat little goody is activated and which ones are not.
    The eBook web browsing is something I would use. Hooking up to phone and pads is something I would not want.
    Can this be done?

Jack

Jack

Layback Bear, Apr 13, 2017
  7. Do you know how to do it in the registry? I to need larger fonts *Smile

Littlejohn56, Apr 13, 2017
  8. idrmrsr Win User

Thanks for the heads up on all the new store apps I will need to immediately delete! I'm not an artist, so I can't even begin to use that stuff, or a gamer. Honestly, I only use my PC as a social media client these days, and a news lurker. Edit a few of my photographs. I'd give it all for reliable Bluetooth connection to devices on the first try, with better file transfer capabilities, and a means of delivering updates that don't require gigabytes of downloading and twenty minutes per PC for restarting. Oh, and a Windows Update Clean that actually works fast and well! I'd trade all the 3D kitsch in the world for that right there.

idrmrsr, Apr 13, 2017
  9. Cameochi Win User
    I really don't like to sound negative but I am reading some horror stories on other sites. I've already experienced the death of my Dell XPS 3300 when a Windows 10 update wiped out the Intel video driver making it unrecoverable. I do not want that to happen with my new Dell XPS 8910 computer. Do you have any special tips for us to prevent something similar from happening with the Creators Update? For example, some people reported that their system booted up to a black screen with no logon option. For now, I have deferred the update hoping that some of the bugs will be ironed out before I install it here. Any info you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for all you do.

Cameochi, Apr 13, 2017
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Always, always have a full image backup before you install updates. Then worst case it takes 30 minutes to recover.
    Use Macrium Reflect (Free or Pro) to an external hard drive.

Ztruker, Apr 14, 2017
  11. Cameochi Win User
    Thanks so much. I have a 3TB external drive so will get get a backup done.

Cameochi, Apr 14, 2017
  12. Is the creator's update everyone should download? If it was a standards download, it seems like it would be automatic.

Whenever they get around to the next version.......W11?, will this be standard?

If it was a regular update, I would have done it. But the CREATOR title has made me pause.....

Thanks

RaymondWindoz10, Apr 14, 2017
  13. Cameochi Win User

Years ago I used Macrium Reflect when I was battling with Windows ME and some others versions. When Windows 7 came along, I beta tested it and loved it. I purchased it before it months before it was released. Never once did I worry about having to backup files although I always make a copy of the user file. I am trying to like Windows 10 but it's been hard. Thanks for the info you've provided. It is greatly appreciated. Tomorrow morning I will run a full backup.

Cameochi, Apr 14, 2017
  14. CmmTch Win User
    Saw this on Toms Hardware about settings Toms Hardware Creator Update Privacy Settings Apparently the upgrade path makes the difference, this article talks about differences depending on how a user upgrades.

I'm waiting for it to come down in the windows update path, I'm very interested in not having to go through settings and set them again.

CmmTch, Apr 14, 2017
  15. Cameochi Win User
    It will be standard until the next release probably near the end of the year. There will be others to follow. Microsoft has stated that Windows 10 will be the last version of Windows but because it is a service rather than a traditional software package, it will continue to evolve pretty much forever.

As for the Creators Update, my personal recommendation is to wait at least a month so they can get some of the bugs out of it. That is not just my personal opinion but that of some of the other forums I am on. I really like this one because we have a Microsoft MVP here who knows far more than most of us ever will. If you go to Settings, Update & Security, you can click on Advanced and defer the update for up to 180 days. That way this latest update should be very stable. If you decide to download it, just take of the check mark. Hope this helps. What’s new in the Windows 10 Creators Update :)

Cameochi, Apr 14, 2017
Thema:

1. What’s new in the Windows 10 Creators Update - Similar Threads - What’s Creators Update

2. What's The Big Deal About This New Windows 10 Creator?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's The Big Deal About This New Windows 10 Creator?: http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/28/15...load-iso-files What's different about this, Isn't this the same Windows ISO creator we've had all along? 80493
  3. New MapControl features in Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    New MapControl features in Windows 10 Creators Update: We have updated the Maps platform for the Windows 10 Creators Update to give our maps a cleaner, more beautiful and realistic look so that it’s consistent between web and UWP apps. We are also making Road view look more authentic by adding layers of terrain, where previously...
  4. Creators updates new issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators updates new issues.: Okay so here are some issues I have encountered. I'am getting the "Session "Microsoft.Windows.UniversalNotificationPlatform" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022" error which is being caused by Windows Update and Privacy settings. I could uninstall it but...
  5. What’s new in the Windows Defender ATP Creators Update preview

in Windows 10 News
    What’s new in the Windows Defender ATP Creators Update preview: Security is top of mind for all our customers. At Microsoft, we’re building a platform that looks holistically across all the critical end-points of today’s cloud and mobile world. Our platform investments across identity, applications, data, devices, and infrastructure take...
  6. What’s new in Windows Defender ATP Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    What’s new in Windows Defender ATP Fall Creators Update: When we introduced Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (Windows Defender ATP), our initial focus was to reduce the time it takes companies to detect, investigate, and respond to advanced attacks. The Windows Fall Creators Update represents a new chapter in our product...
  7. What’s new in the Windows 10 IoT Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    What’s new in the Windows 10 IoT Fall Creators Update: Prototype to production. With you all the way. Whether you’re exploring a new product idea for a cloud-connected device or looking to transform an existing product line to enable intelligence at the edge, Windows 10 IoT is a trusted, secure platform which gives you the...
  8. What’s new in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    What’s new in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is beginning to roll out to Windows 10 customers around the world, and today, we’re outlining all the great new features available in the update with this blog post and our special episode of This Week on Windows. AXHGuC815d0 With...
  9. See What is New with Windows Ink in the Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    See What is New with Windows Ink in the Creators Update: [img] Windows Ink is about transforming the way we think about computers, from a tool that is great at getting things done, to one that harnesses your personality and your emotions into the things you create. It’s about bringing back the human aspects that a mouse and...
  10. What’s new in Microsoft Edge in the Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    What’s new in Microsoft Edge in the Windows 10 Creators Update: Today, the Windows 10 Creators Update began rolling out to over 400 million Windows 10 devices. With the Creators Update, we’re upgrading Microsoft Edge with dozens of new features and under-the-hood improvements to make the best browser on Windows 10 faster, leaner, and more...