Windows 10: Your Phone app - messages not keeping in sync with my phone

Discus and support Your Phone app - messages not keeping in sync with my phone in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I delete messages from my phone, they don't disappear from the Your Phone app on Windows 10. Refresh makes no difference. Reported via feedback... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ztruker, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Ztruker Win User

Your Phone app - messages not keeping in sync with my phone

When I delete messages from my phone, they don't disappear from the Your Phone app on Windows 10. Refresh makes no difference.

Reported via feedback hub.

:)

Ztruker, Oct 12, 2019
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Cr00zng Win User
    Hands on with 'Phone Companion' app, hub to syncing with Windows 10

Sync email from desktop to your smartphone?

I was hoping that finally I can sync my Windows phone with Outlook on the desktop, but it isn't likely.

It seems that this app is pretty much useless on my Windows phone for the purpose of syncing all my emails (6 email accounts) from Outlook on my desktop to my phone. On the other hand, this app will do just that for the Android and iOS platform. *Sad

Cr00zng, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Your Phone app - messages not keeping in sync with my phone

Turn On or Off Show Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app Settings

How to Turn On or Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC

After you send text messages from your Android phone on your PC.

You will can only delete messages on your Android phone. The deletions show on the phone and in the Your Phone app on the PC. It's not possible to delete messages directly on the PC.

To minimize network bandwidth and maximize performance, the Your Phone app only shows text messages that you've received or sent within the last 30 days.

The Your Phone app supports messages sent via SMS (Short Message Service). It also supports MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) group messaging, but does not yet support media attachments (such as photos or videos).

The Your Phone app does not support messages sent via RCS (Rich Communication Services). Some mobile operators refer to RCS as "push messages," "chat features," "advanced messaging," or "RCS messages."

If the Your Phone app detects that you're already using Cortana to see text messages on your PC, it'll give you the option to see them in the Your Phone app instead. Open the Your Phone app on your computer to go through the setup process. In Windows 10, the Cortana setting is called Get phone notifications on this PC.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18908, new messaging features below have been added.
    • Send and receive MMS messages – You can now send and receive images and GIFs, including Giphy, right from the Your Phone app.
    • Unread message indicator (badge)
      • Nav pane – A visual indicator on the Messages node, indicating you have unread messages
      • PC Taskbar – A visual indicator on the Your Phone app icon on your PC taskbar, indicating you have unread messages
      • Unread conversations – Visual indicator within threads that have unread messages
    • Contact images – Your Phone app will now sync contact thumbnails for all your contacts that contain profile images, so you can easily identify who you’re messaging with.
      In-line reply – You can quickly reply to text messages from toast notifications without having to open the Your Phone app.
    • Emoji picker – Smileys, people, food, and more. You can easily add emojis to your text messages right from within the app.
    See also: Your Phone app help | Microsoft Support

For troubleshooting info, see Why are some of my text messages missing?

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off showing text messages from your Android phone in the Your Phone app for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Show Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On Show Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app

EXAMPLE: Text Messages from Android phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC

Your Phone app - messages not keeping in sync with my phone [​IMG]

OPTION ONE
    Turn On or Off Show Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app Settings
    1. Open the Your Phone app.

2. Click/tap on the Settings (gear) icon. (see screenshot below)

3. Under Messages, turn on (default) or off Allow this app to show text messages from my phone for what you want.

4. You can now close the Your Phone app if you like.

OPTION TWO
    Turn On Show Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app
    1. Open the Your Phone app.

2. Click/tap on the Messages icon. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the See texts button.

4. When finished, you can close the Your Phone app if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Your Phone app - messages not keeping in sync with my phone

1. Your Phone app - messages not keeping in sync with my phone - Similar Threads - Phone app messages

2. Phone app syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone app syncing: I can't sync my samsung s20 to may dell computer using the phone app. How can I sync the two devices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-app-syncing/77b2eec9-1ef1-4215-90c7-2efd2cf44bf0
  3. Phone app syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone app syncing: I can't sync my samsung s20 to may dell computer using the phone app. How can I sync the two devices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-app-syncing/77b2eec9-1ef1-4215-90c7-2efd2cf44bf0
  4. Bluetooth Keeps restarting on calls on my phone : your phone app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Keeps restarting on calls on my phone : your phone app: Hey, i would like some help to solve this problem. So, yesterday, i connected my phone to the "your phone" app on windows 10. (Had trouble syncing the devices there too, the pairing process was stuck at 60%) I Have a xiaomi mi a3, and, whenever i try to call someone or...
  5. Your Phone app: text messaging

Your Phone app: text messaging: I installed Your Phone app on my pc Windows 10 & Your Phone Companion on my android 9 Moto X4 phone. Everything is synched & working except I cannot send texts from the pc. I can receive texts on the pc, & when I send a text from my phone, the text is mirrored on the pc's...
  6. your phone app sms messages

your phone app sms messages: I have a samsung galaxy note 8 and I used the Your Phone app on it. Now, my messages on the phone are gone but remain in the app on the PC running windows 10. I may have accidentally deleted them on the phone. If I sync with the Your Phone app, will it restore the messages to...
  7. Your Phone sync problem with messages

Your Phone sync problem with messages: Hi, I have about five old sms messages that I've deleted or archived on my phone Samsung s9+ , that don't disappear from the YourPhone app same problem on two different laptops running Windows 10. Does anyone know why this is and if there's a way I can delete them from the...
  8. YOUR PHONE APP NOT SYNCING

YOUR PHONE APP NOT SYNCING: I am not able to connect with the your phone app on my PC even if I am on safe network ad have same account running..I have been waiting for hours [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-app-not-syncing/44ae1af7-d63a-4c50-8657-06bb9cd1d96f
  9. Your Phone App will not sync pictures. Notifications and messages works fine.

Your Phone App will not sync pictures. Notifications and messages works fine.: I have the Your Phone app running on motorola android. Pictures will not sync, says "We can'y connect to phone", however messages and notifications are working so phone is connected. I would like to get problem resolved and don't know how....
  10. Your Phone app Notifications are not syncing or working

in Windows 10 News
    Your Phone app Notifications are not syncing or working: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft introduced the Notification syncing feature from Android phone to Windows 10 very recently. But some users have been reporting that this feature is not working properly for them. This can be caused if the link between the computer and [...] This...