Windows 10: Speech Settings Remove Speech Voice Grayed out

Discus and support Speech Settings Remove Speech Voice Grayed out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have tried to remove United Kingdom from my Speech settings but its just Grayed out and i don't know how to solve it. Does anybody or Microsoft Know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Noelpro6, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Noelpro6 Win User

Speech Settings Remove Speech Voice Grayed out

I have tried to remove United Kingdom from my Speech settings but its just Grayed out and i don't know how to solve it. Does anybody or Microsoft Know how to fix it?

:)

Noelpro6, Oct 16, 2019

2. Enable or Disable Voice Activation for Speech Recognition in Advanced Speech Options

How to Enable or Disable Voice Activation for Speech Recognition in Windows 10

When you set up Speech Recognition in Windows 10, it lets you control your PC with your voice alone, without needing a keyboard or mouse.

Using only your voice, you can open menus, click buttons and other objects on the screen, dictate text into documents, and write and send emails. Just about anything you do with your keyboard and mouse can be done with only your voice.

Speech Recognition is only available for the following languages: English (United States, United Kingdom, Canada, India, and Australia), French, German, Japanese, Mandarin (Chinese Simplified and Chinese Traditional), and Spanish.

You can choose to enable or disable voice activation mode for Speech Recognition.

• Enable voice activation mode - Windows Speech Recognition turns off when you say the "Stop Listening" voice command, and must be turned on by clicking on the microphone button or pressing the Ctrl+Windows keys
    • Disable voice activation mode - Speech Recognition goes into sleep mode when not in use, and can be activated by saying the "Start Listening" voice command.
    See also:

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable voice activation for Speech Recognition for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

• Option One: Enable or Disable Voice Activation for Speech Recognition in Advanced Speech Options
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Voice Activation for Speech Recognition using a REG file

OPTION ONE

Enable or Disable Voice Activation for Speech Recognition in Advanced Speech Options
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Speech Recognition icon.

2. Click/tap on the Advanced speech options link on the left side. (see screenshot below)

3. In the Speech Recognition tab, check (enable) or uncheck (disable - default) Enable voice activation for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

4. You can now close the Speech Recognition control panel if you like.

OPTION TWO

Enable or Disable Voice Activation for Speech Recognition using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Speech\Preferences

ModeForOff DWORD

1 = Disable
    2 = Enable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Voice Activation for Speech Recognition
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_voice_activation_for_Speech_Recognition_for_current_user.reg

Speech Settings Remove Speech Voice Grayed out [​IMG]

3. To Disable Voice Activation for Speech Recognition
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_voice_activation_for_Speech_Recognition_for_current_user.reg

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Add Speech Voices by Adding Language

How to Add and Remove Speech Voices in Windows 10

In Windows 10, you can add and remove voice packages for a language for your device and apps. For example, text-to-speech (TTS) voices for Narrator.

Starting in language packs.

See also: Appendix A: Supported languages and voices | Windows Support

This tutorial will show you how to add and remove voice packages for a text-to-speech (TTS) language for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to add and remove speech voices in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE

Add Speech Voices by Adding Language
    1. Add a language (click on link) you want with at least the Text-to-speech language feature checked. (see screenshots below)

OPTION TWO

Add Speech Voices in Settings without Adding Language
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Time & Language icon.

2. Click/tap on Speech on the left side, and click/tap on Add voices under Manage voices on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. Select (check) one or more languages you want to install all voices for that language, and click/tap on Add. (see screenshot below)

*note You can view which voices are available in each package for a language here: Appendix A: Supported languages and voices | Windows Support

4. The voice package(s) of the selected language(s) will now be added. (see screenshot below)

5. To use new voices, close and reopen Settings as well as any apps that use voices.

OPTION THREE
    Remove Speech Voices in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Time & Language icon.

2. Click/tap on Speech on the left side. (see screenshot below)

3. Under Manage voices on the right side, click/tap on the language (ex: "Spanish (Mexico)") of an installed voice package you want to uninstall, and click/tap on Remove.

4. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 16, 2019
  4. enrix Win User

word 2010 text to speech cannot change voice

Hello

I have enabled text to speech on Windows 10 and have selected MS David desktop voice and it seems to work fine when I test it however when I use text to speech on Word 2010 the voice is always that of MS Hazel desktop and I do not seem to be able to change it. Any suggestion?

Many thanks,

enrix, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Speech Settings Remove Speech Voice Grayed out - Similar Threads - Speech Settings Remove

2. Speech Language box in grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speech Language box in grayed out: When I run an app that needs a speech Language I get an error message that I don't have a speech languageWhen I go tor Setting > Time & Language>Speech the Language box in grayed out can not pick a language ,\as well as Microphone >Get started.If I look lower I see I have two...
  3. Speech Language box in grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech Language box in grayed out: When I run an app that needs a speech Language I get an error message that I don't have a speech languageWhen I go tor Setting > Time & Language>Speech the Language box in grayed out can not pick a language ,\as well as Microphone >Get started.If I look lower I see I have two...
  4. Online Speech Recognition is grayed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Online Speech Recognition is grayed Out: Hi, this is what i am facing. And this is causing the windows + h key to do nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/online-speech-recognition-is-grayed-out/9b2bcee8-25c5-4e19-ad0b-de55c8d7c2ae
  5. Online Speech Recognition is grayed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Online Speech Recognition is grayed Out: Hi, this is what i am facing. And this is causing the windows + h key to do nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/online-speech-recognition-is-grayed-out/9b2bcee8-25c5-4e19-ad0b-de55c8d7c2ae
  6. I can't remove Text to Speech voice via Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't remove Text to Speech voice via Settings: I tried to remove a text to speech language pack that I no longer want via Settings, but the Remove button is faded and disabled. Is there another way to do so like removing it via Regedit or File Explorer?...
  7. Remove text to speech voice without going to Settings.

Remove text to speech voice without going to Settings.: I have a problem. In Settings > Time and Language > Speech, whenever I click on a voice, the remove button is faded and won't let me remove the voice. Is there any other way to do this?...
  8. Speech recognition settings grayed out

Speech recognition settings grayed out: i've download English USA and United Kingdom speech pack but i still have speech recognition settings grayed out [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-settings-grayed-out/74edda19-1fae-458c-bfbe-5da40348f86e
  9. Speech recognition settings grayed out

Speech recognition settings grayed out: I am attempting to active speech regognition on Windows 10, but in the Speech settings everything regarding that is greyed out. I have changed my region to United States, and downloaded the EnglishUnited States language pack, but the Get Started button is still grayed out....
  10. Add and Remove Speech Voices in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add and Remove Speech Voices in Windows 10: How to: Add and Remove Speech Voices in Windows 10 How to Add and Remove Speech Voices in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can add and remove voice packages for a language for your device and apps. For example, text-to-speech (TTS) voices for Narrator. Starting in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. cant remove win 10 Grayed speech recognition package

3. windows test to speech greyed out

4. remove win10 default speech,
  5. windows 10 remove voice package greyed out,
  6. windows 10 speech regonition settings greyed out,
  7. windows 10 speech how to remove voices,
  8. speech language greyed out windows 10,
  9. speech preference modeforoff,
  10. windows 10 speech options greyed out,
  11. removing speech recognition grayed win 10,